SITE REVIEW: NetFriending.com

• ted_chou12
  • ted_chou12

Post 3+ Months Ago

NetFriending is a newly built free online social networking community by me, I put in a lot of effort in scripting the php codes and html. Please see my forum layout, and test the search bar, all of these functions are all coded by me 100% from scratch. If you wish to help me out more, please dont hesitate to join the community, and invite your friends, because I dont have much visitors signing up. Which is not a very good tendancy for a social networking site...

http://netfriending.com

Thanks
Any suggestions or comments are welcome.
Ted
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Firstly, the w3c validator found 9 errors in your coding ... Click here to see them ...
netfriending.com wrote:
Why arent there much people involved?

You may want to run a grammar check through your site for things like this ... I think that should rather be "Why aren't there many people involved?"

Also you may want to disable the button of the page that the user is on at the moment ... for example if I am on "About" then the "about" button shouldn't be clickable ...

I think maybe it would look better if your forum's colour scheme was blue instead of green ... I'm not sure, but just test it and have a look ...
  • ted_chou12
  • ted_chou12

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your suggestion, I will have a look at them.
Ted
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes the green in the forums is a bit odd. Maybe change it to the green in the logo?

The picture up the top looks a bit bland... you could possibly put a picture there of some friends having fun or something to that effect.

Another thing: I think it would be more user friendly if the borders of the text boxes on the registration page turned red if the user did not enter it correctly (password and e-mail confirmation). That way they don't have to load a new page to find out that they got those wrong.

You could also get rid of the table borders on the user login page, they are quite distracting.

The dark and light grey boxes when viewing someones profile are contrasting and made my eyes twinge a bit. It's the first nine of them that are offending.

But all together I think you did quite well.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers