SITE REVIEW: NetHooked.com

• m1k30rz
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys,

Just launched my latest site http://nethooked.com 8)

What do you all think? All comments and suggestions appreciated!

thanks
-m1k30rz
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ewomack
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks good to me. I joined up. The logo has a very happy feel to it, though the laptop at the top of the page looks kind of lonely.

It's sort of like a miniature Ozzu - deals with a lot of the same themes, at least.

Get some free PHP scripts for download also. This will provide a sample of the quality of the scripts so people are more likely to purchase them.

Looks like you're all ready to go.
  • m1k30rz
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Ed, also thanks for joining :)

What PHP scripts do you suggest I create?
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the design. One of the best I've seen out of all the websites I have reviewed (No offence to the others). But... I don't like having the link have a white highlighted box appear behind my cursor when I put my mouse over it. Nice website and keep up the good work mate!
  • omirix
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: 127.0.0.1

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't like the white bg rollover for links... otherwise a well looking site, quite informative too :)
  • m1k30rz
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks alot for your suggestions :)
I have removed the white background on rollover :)

Anyone have any ideas how I can promote my forum http://nethooked.com/forum/ ?
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

The design looks very professional but it is my opinion that the orange border around the ads does not seem to fit in. I dont know. Perhaps altering the shade slightly might fix it.

I was nethooked on your site so I decided to sign up for an account. You sure wont have any bots reading that hidden number automated registration thing. I had a difficult time reading it and i can read text distorted almost any way.
  • m1k30rz
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Azoundria,

I will change the colour of the googlead a bit :)

Thank you so much for signing up it is most appreciated!
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I noticed the laptop up there looks lonely. Perhaps another computer or something beside it might help.
  • Qbanito
  • Born
  • Born
  • Qbanito
  • Loc: USA, Miami, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks very good in my opinion, very pro ... altho the graphixs could of use some more work. Keep up the good work mate, and good luck!
  • m1k30rz
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you very much :)
  • shashank_hi
  • Born
  • Born
  • shashank_hi
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

You know about the laptop, i too agree its loneliness, and i think the images quality is wonderful, especially the top banner. You could put two more laptops besides the first one, with the first one overlapping the second, and second overlapping the third. Get my idea.

Good work, still. Keep it up.
  • voxunity
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • voxunity

Post 3+ Months Ago

m1k30rz wrote:
All comments and suggestions appreciated!

Webmaster Resources/ Web designers
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Or maybe a PC with the laptops...
  • George_Gambino
  • Student
  • Student
  • George_Gambino

Post 3+ Months Ago

If your going to promote yourself as a definitive site for webmasters then you need to do your homework.

Firstly, in your article "Search Engine Submission" you state

Quote:
To get seen on the internet you must promote your website, a great way to do this is to submit your site to leading search engines

This will get you nowhere with Google. Google loves backlinks (ie, incoming links to your site from external sites). This and only this will get the ball rolling. Simply submitting your site to Google will cause your site to sit in a virtual "blackhole" forever.

Btw, you could split this article into a dozen more specific articles, so as to increase content. Content is king - it drives a site, it keeps users coming back. Start attacking it.

Also, you've got spelling mistakes
Resource Directory -> PHP, CGI & Perl Scripts ->Content Management Syste

I'm assuming you mean "systems"

Other people have already mentioned this - your banner needs to be more busy. The colour and style is good but it needs more imagery - don't go overboard though.

Btw, what's with the Paypal donation link? You want us to pay you? For what? For resouces and information that already exists in countless places on the net, with frightingly greater value.
  • m1k30rz
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for your help :)

Our directory script unfortunatly shortens the fields to a certain size so it cut the end off "systems"

We are currently in the process of creating some great tutorials and articles to help webmasters :) There shall be alot more content very soon!

I will start working on some more graphics for the site and post them here to get your oppinions :)

Thanks again
  • JJKebab
  • JJKebab

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it alot. Very clean and uncluttered. The navigation is functional, and you can't go wrong with the tried and tested resource directory.

The only thing that I don't like is that I get deja vu when looking at it. It's no different from alot of other sites and I feel like I've seen it too many times.

Sorry if that came across as harsh :-)
  • Eric Locken
  • Born
  • Born
  • Eric Locken
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

The design is pretty good but you need a USP to set your site apart from all the other webmaster type forums out there.

Add a blog for a start. Then think of something unique to set you apart, maybe a swop links forum for webmasters would be good, so they could barter / arrange link swaps on your site.
  • BroadSword
  • Born
  • Born
  • BroadSword

Post 3+ Months Ago

Perfect stop for starting a new site. GJ

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 19 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers