SITE REVIEW: New home page design and features.

• CircleOfLinks
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, ive just changed my website colours and home page design.. what do you's think about it..
please let me now, if you think it looks crap let me now, all feedback welcome - no hard feelings...

the rest of my pages im still updating so im really talking about the home page only atm,,, but from my other pages you can see the old colour compared to the new one..

danny

sorry guys my bad....

the site is http://www.CircleOfLinks.com.au
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• tarikdw1
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tarikdw1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dan the man you may want to put a link to your site on your comments ..cant find the site.
  • free_dragon
  • free_dragon

Post 3+ Months Ago

that is right provide a link for ur site first ...
  • free_dragon
  • free_dragon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't like the colors ,,,
  • markov
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • markov

Post 3+ Months Ago

The design looks good, but as already mentioned i think its better to work again specially on colors. The font usage is also not uniform. I think the links has to be hovered properly. The logo is ok, but the header behind it doesn't give a pretty look. Try to use some tags instead of it.

The mentioning of "Top 10 Searches For The Month Of September" is good and quiet informative, but it could be useful when it shows some links to that particular keywords. Anyway nice work.
  • gu3
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NCL- England

Post 3+ Months Ago

its a really nice idea, which i think works. but i think that you have too many small adverts it is too distracting from the rest of your page having little icons movving all over the screen, the design is to complicated it needs to be simplified and get rid of some of the smaller adverts to make way for slightly larger ones if you are able to. good luck.
  • CircleOfLinks
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi markov,
could you just explain some stuff to me, what do u mean by 'font usage is also not uniform' and 'links has to be hovered properly' and 'the header behind it doesn't give a pretty look. Try to use some tags instead of it' and
'some links to that particular keywords' --- sorry mate im an amature and just doing this it make some extra cash :)

got any ideas on colours i can use?

thanks for your time everyone, i appreciate it
  • DMX

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site. Maybe a little too busy (flashing banners and scripts) for my taste is all.

This site has a tool to help develop compatible color schemes. You don't have to do exactly what it suggests, it just helps with ideas.

http://meddle.dzygn.com/tests/colors/#

Good luck,
  • CircleOfLinks
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks - very helpful site :)
  • Veselin
  • Born
  • Born
  • Veselin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try to make the site more professionaly... it is very overburdened now. Try to structure/arrange the content more precisely.

Kind regards,

Veselin Andreev
http://www.goliveuk.com/

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers