So So

SITE REVIEW: New Multi Search Engine

• hargurnaz
  • Born
  • Born
  • hargurnaz
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello I have started a Multi Search Engine, available at http://www.crispyweb.com/ that helps you search 14 search engines by comparing two search engines at at time in a frame side by side, it allows user to select search engines from select drop down list. please give feedbacks, how you find it.
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

At first i thought the purpose would be ridiculous, but it could be very useful, for urgent search everywhere at once.

I like it, but the home page site is pretty bad, not to much design, strike that, no design.

Work on the design, make it look really nice, and I think it will work out quite well.
  • myles7897
  • Born
  • Born
  • myles7897
  • Loc: Huntington Beach, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

you might want to add more than two search engines at a time. mabye have the screen split in four, but make it optional
  • MrGamma
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Toronto, Burlington, Hamiltion, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you don't have a developer key from google... you might be considered a scraper... I have seen websites shut down for it...

I'm not sure how scroogle does it... or metacrawler does it... but it might be worth covering your back ahead of time...

Here is a site which partially lost their scraping privileges...

http://www.googlerankings.com/

( notice how you have to have a valid developer key? they have since made obtaining one impossible )

I would imagine scroogle is not authorized to do what they do... do you know how they do it?

hope this helps...
  • wallarookiller
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Kind of a cool idea Might be good for checking out different search terms and where you stand in different engines. just tryed one of mine 1st page in msn 13 in google. oh well Ill keep working on it.
  • pcfactor
  • Born
  • Born
  • pcfactor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice concept, the look of it makes me think you're attempting to mimic the look of googles opening page, I'd take the ads by google and make it vertical on the side under the menu. It makes it look broken up the way it is. And the addition of a third choice going into 3 resizable frames would be a good idea I think, maybe even the selection of what type of search say whether it's a web page search, a photo search etc and then searching the engines that way.......
  • s_mss_a
  • s_mss_a

Post 3+ Months Ago

hargurnaz wrote:
Hello I have started a Multi Search Engine, available at http://www.crispyweb.com/ that helps you search 14 search engines by comparing two search engines at at time in a frame side by side, it allows user to select search engines from select drop down list. please give feedbacks, how you find it.

I thought it would be useless but it's really nice! Although you may want to change the colors to green or orange because blue is an eye-sore color when used in a website.
  • almajdal
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • almajdal

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi there,

the concept is good, but i thing your home page is not attractive, you should work more on colours and have a better logo size.

distance between items on your sites are a bit bad

good luck
  • mcleve
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mcleve

Post 3+ Months Ago

Pretty novel idea. Think about adding another frame on the left side to make a new search and your logo at the top of that frame. Currently every search opens a new window.

Work on your logo. There are alot of freelance websites that will bid on making a logo at a very affordable price. You wont regret it. getafreelancer.com is one.
  • Littlej
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Littlej

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quite a nice idea, but yeah definetely work on the design, once you've done that you'll have a pretty nice site there.
  • momomesh
  • momomesh

Post 3+ Months Ago

i thought there already is a site that does the same function?
dogpile.com?
  • twalters84
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • twalters84
  • Loc: Mount Savage, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey there,

Personally, I am not a big fan of frames.

When comparing results, there is more involved than just splitting the screen in two. For instance, the search term "Holland Michigan Real Estate" ranks differently in my local data center than the one your website uses.

It would be nice if you could select a data center, or find an average.

Right now, I would not use your site. With the latest browsers, I can have multiple tabs open, a search engine results page in each.

Overall, your website has a nice start to something that can be useful. Keep working at it and I am sure it will pay off.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Travis Walters
admin@codebuyers.com
  • idkwot
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • idkwot

Post 3+ Months Ago

cool idea
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's interesting.. I was just in an ebusiness class where the instructor challenged us to come up with a page exactly like this. I thought about it, and then chickened out and opted for an easier assignment.

I think you pulled it off really well, but I would agree with others that you should work on a logo. With a name like crispyweb, you could use some cooler colors and images than plain blue and white... maybe some green? ;)
  • lucky
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice idea, same as what i'm doing too: http://www.ilumu.com
but mine is solely google
  • zhaira
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • zhaira

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice concept of search engine
  • Core2Quad
  • Core2Quad

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
Use some Web 2.O and lets rock the net with Multi search engine in 1...and all..

Regards.
  • icore
  • icore

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi.
there are a lot of Multi Search Engine sites.
what's the difference?

I dislike your usability.

good luck.
  • Hafsoh
  • Student
  • Student
  • Hafsoh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great SE! its really good for comparing result. Its real useful for urgent search at once everywhere.
The design is okay with me.
  • Hafsoh
  • Student
  • Student
  • Hafsoh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great SE! its really good for comparing result. Its real useful for urgent search at once everywhere.
  • Hafsoh
  • Student
  • Student
  • Hafsoh

Post 3+ Months Ago

• dijksma
  • Born
  • Born
  • dijksma

Post 3+ Months Ago

HI!

I've taken a look at your website. The website is not something new what i have not seen before. But perhaps you can get a nicer design. As well as the KISS rules to add to your website. Good luck!
  • videoediting-direct
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • videoediting-direct
  • Loc: United Kingdom

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good idea..however, even i agree with a another member about the homepage look could have been better..
  • zhaira
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • zhaira

Post 3+ Months Ago

the search engine is a good idea but you need to add some functionality

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 24 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers