SITE REVIEW: New Music Promote

• Cmp-Network
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dear Members,

Well i did (3) reviews for other websites so now its my turn to get drilled reguarding my New Music Site i just put in service.

http://www.newmusicpromote.com

Please disreguard the banner since that will be changing soon i had to park my other website banner there until i get my other one designed (currently in process)

A Lil Information Reguarding The Site

I started this site since my other site people get confused and think its only for chicago since the domain is chicagomusicpromotions.com and well that other site is a pay site, it has alot more storage and functions in the backend system for the talent

As for the New Site I got the domain around 4 days ago and then blasted it to everyone on my other site, and myspace friends and its only really been live for like 48 hours bairly picking up search strings lol. But time will come. The site is Totally free for everyone but its limited on the music storage and video storage for the talent, also as well it has a diffrent domain so people should not get confused when they come to the site. I wanted to make a more professional place for talent in the music industry then myspace to be honest with you without all the click ads, popup boxes and forced spam you have to deal with Once the site totally syncs in i belive it should be a big hit.

As for my other site i found out its worth over 22K i was actually kinda shocked about that.
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I believe a review requires more than one sentence ;)
  • Cmp-Network
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

that the only thing that stuck out since the hyperlinks are orange and the website is blue and white. whats the problem? cannot take constructive crit?

Matt
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Then review another site :)
Stating what's already been said is no help to either party. I'm merely stating the rules...
  • Cmp-Network
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

and i am going to review other sites, i have not slept in over 24 hours okay so i am kinda fazed out a bit i made a recommendation for you and well you take it how you want it. dont mind me i just get over 8 million hits a month to my other Music site and AM A god with SEO and when it comes to indexing sites for robots.

Matt
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not doubting your success or other search engine optimization records (granted calling yourself a god is a bit of a stretch). Is your other site chicago music promotions?
  • Cmp-Network
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah i know lol it was a bit of a stretch i was running on fumes yesterday very tired and bitter. Yeah my other site is http://www.chicagomusicpromotions.com as you will notice both sites are pretty much the same, the new site is getting a new banner and its done :)
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is a great idea. I live in Milwaukee, WI. And there are so many talented musicians/artists here that will never be seen or heard anywhere else. Not really feeling the design however. It reminds me of the old Apple site or something similar. You know a grid layout (which is probably most appropriate), some gradients, a rounded corner here or there. I think something like this really deserves you stepping out side of the box visually. Give the page some depth. And that page peel thing isn't working at all. It takes me to an error page. I think it's a worthy effort and a great cause, but the design doesn't reflect what you are trying to do. Good luck!
  • Cmp-Network
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

for what site?

Yeah for the new site

I removed that Peal Effect Thingy

As for the other site
http://www.chicagomusicpromotions.com
i need to update it some more.
  • brentjlaf
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the blinking links gave me a seizure, they are both annoying and distracting.

The design is decent enough otherwise.
  • Cmp-Network
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

oww *plum* i forgot i cannot see them in IE for some reason. yeah i know what your talking about i really need to fix that let me load up firefox and see how bad LOL
  • Cmp-Network
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow "i about had a seizure as well" thank you for pointing that out i would have never caught it otherwise.

Matt
  • Cmp-Network
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok how is it now?

Did i debug it okay?
  • Cmp-Network
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Also another Test for you IF you want on the site register as a Music Fan and check out the backend system let me know what you think for the Members, then if you like you can delete your account, then register as a Artist then check out the backend system for them tell me what you think and then you can delete that account as well then you can register as a MusicFan again if you like :)

Matt
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay. Now I am really confused. Both sites look exactly the same right? Okay so my comments are kind of the same for both. Also, I don't like the navigation. Two rows of nav is hard to pull off if you ask me. I haven't seen too many designers do it and it look nice. It usually just confuses people. Unless you vary the font or size or something. Hope this helps.
  • Cmp-Network
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you i thought about that as well..

Yeah i will think of somewhere else to put it :)
  • sevefan
  • Loc: Croatia

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice site
i like black/yellow color sheme
but header not so much (looks cheep)

from 1-10 my grade is 7
  • Cmp-Network
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok Check it

http://www.newmusicpromote.com/index.php
  • Cmp-Network
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah the banner i made that really quick so yeah i know it was cheap took me about 3 minutes :P
  • GoldenGote
  • Born
  • Born
  • GoldenGote

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site looks great. Very professional look.

But I might want to change the banner on your page. I wish you luck with your site and happy earnings!
  • Cmp-Network
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yup the banner will be gone soon i got one of my friends who is a photoshop guru making me one just putting that up temp wise but its going to be a free site so basically its more fun then anything.

Matt
  • Cmp-Network
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yup thanks Zaiah,

I removed the dual navigation systems (for newmusicpromote.com) and then changed them to a side navigation instead left side near the bottom.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 22 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers