SITE REVIEW: My New Portfolio Site

• ace5p1d0r
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

My New Portfolio Site

Hi I was wondering if people could give me some constructive criticism on the design I have created above.

Many thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• chiara
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • chiara
  • Loc: Santa Clara, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi ace5p1d0r

I like the main colors. The 'client login' text is a bit invisible on my notebook, make it stand out more/bolder..also I would place it in a more central place, wouldn't like to have my customers search for the login link..

Nice rollover for the project titles! I see there's some rollover effect for the main buttons (Work, About, etc) but it's hardly visible..

The design resizes OK, it's pretty clean as well. In general I think you can make an excellent site out of it, the cleanliness of the design will let your visitors focus on content, so make sure it's good enough :)

Have a nice day!

Chi
  • ace5p1d0r
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks chiara. Yeah i think i will make the client login text darker. However I like its position. its easy to say to a client "just click the link in the very top right corner of the screen".

I'm surprised you can't see the rollover on the main navigation, its pretty clear everywhere I have tested it. You may have a particularly dark/light screen?

Thanks for the feedback.
  • dahvoo
  • dahvoo

Post 3+ Months Ago

I click on your link and got this:

Page Title

This is page content. This is a link.

I wasn't sure what to do.
  • ace5p1d0r
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Hi I was wondering if people could give me some constructive criticism on the design I have created above.

Yes dahvoo.. I'm asking for a review of the layout. There is no content yet.
  • charlesgan
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

yup, i visited the site just now. not a completed site. basically the color is not right. maybe the fade background makes it look like not comfortable. try to use 1 color for background insteed.
  • ! st.soso !
  • ! st.soso !
  • Loc: OnLine

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the fading background is what makes it look good. The colors are well selected in my opinion. And yes, the site is not completed, ace5p1d0r wants opinions regarding the layout and design. But may be there will be more comments when more elements are added...
  • ace5p1d0r
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for all your reviews. Of course the content is the most important part of the site. It will take me a long time to finish all that since I have so much other stuff on currently.

Thanks again. Keep posting if you have any more comments on the design!
  • dorian
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Albania

Post 3+ Months Ago

it is really good
  • ace5p1d0r
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well thanks for such a constructive comment dorian.
  • onepagefree.com
  • onepagefree.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, Alex.

Your design is good.

Same, as for Dahvoo, iformation for me is mor important, than layout.
Layout must be professional, thats all.
Your is professional enough.

Best wishes
  • ace5p1d0r
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi onepagefree.com,

Thanks, as I said before I don't have the time for content at the moment. That's why I only put the design up for review. I Know information is more important. But becuase there isn't any, can people just review the layout?

And its Alec by the way. Not Alex :)
  • raconter
  • Born
  • Born
  • raconter

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

your layout is really nice. Personally I'd prefer more space for content (especially with a resolution of >1280x1024), but if you merely use it as a blog (or something similar), that should be enough.
  • rille31
  • Born
  • Born
  • rille31

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice and clean
  • ace5p1d0r
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Could we keep the comments constructive and unique as possible perhaps..?
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your website is very clean, I like the colour choice and it is a website that I have saved to later use for inspiration ;)

I know you want constructive criticism, and maybe I'm just being too nice right now, but your design is very nice. it's clean, neat, simple, easy on the eye, and wont take away from the content (when you get it there).

I even tried to critique you HTML and CSS, but you passed both the validation tests.

All in all, the website is very well put together. When you get all your content on it, be sure to let us know because I would like to see it.
  • rickrock
  • Born
  • Born
  • rickrock
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

this is what i call simple and nice
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think it is a nice design. Specifically I like how you have placed a home button in the top right hand corner of your top banner area. It's simple, it's clean and the I actually like the colors.

The one thing I'm not sure I like too much is the font that you chose for your name 'Alec Rust.' It's like it's trying to not be a cursive type but at the same time it doesn't fit with the rest of it to me. It should either be more cursive or handwritten looking, or less so. But again, that's just my opinion. Take it at face value.
  • richardvan1
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • richardvan1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very clean, esay to read and straight forward. Nice color selection too. Only one thing that doesn't quite sit well. It's not a biggie but, the home button that appears on the other pages almost isn't noticeable. I barely caught it. In fact I didn't see it until I got to your contact page. It's cool idea, I think it would work better in the opposite corner above your name. I think that will make it more noticable when it appears. Other than that, great job.
  • jai
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello ace5p1d0r :D

color and contrast is pretty neat. if i might point out a couple of things:

1. layout's good. simple, sheik - quite corporate with an edge. im not quite sure about the sidebar menus moving around. the icon by itself would suffice (or either way, so would the slight elevation; but both is just a little too much..but then that's just me)

2. on the work page, it might be better not having to scroll outside the white area as to keep the uniformity in all three tabs (but then again, that's just me)

so how's i do? :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 21 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers