SITE REVIEW: New Search Engine - Olcore.com!

• olcore
  • olcore

Post 3+ Months Ago

We are looking for some feedback on our new search engine, olcore.com. Please visit us and let us know what you think!

http://www.olcore.com

Many thanks!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• thepurplecow
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its simple and easy to use which is good, but it could do with being a bit more colourful. Also, maybe use a different font (ie. Tahoma instead of Times NR). Finally, maybe reduce your paid submission fee as an opening offer?
  • razvans
  • Born
  • Born
  • razvans

Post 3+ Months Ago

I will not start to createa new search engine.

You need a good logo for your website. then you need to remove the grey border. Maybe you can use some CSS for text formating.

how does your search works?
It is an individual script or it takes data from google or any other search engine?

Thanks
  • tarikdw1
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tarikdw1

Post 3+ Months Ago

cool idea kind of similar to google.. .But i think the logo is not that appealing needs something that catches your eye also your search engine doesnt seem to be working i guess still in construction.

but good luck

G
  • olcore
  • olcore

Post 3+ Months Ago

thepurplecow wrote:
Its simple and easy to use which is good, but it could do with being a bit more colourful. Also, maybe use a different font (ie. Tahoma instead of Times NR). Finally, maybe reduce your paid submission fee as an opening offer?

Thank you for the comments. We have gotten a lot of suggestions about touching up the look a bit, we will certainly take that into consideration. We are still toying with the paid subscription fee, but if we lower it at any time, I will be sure to let everyone know. We are considering a sale for all our free submissions with a chance to lock in a low fee for life. Sign up for it any you will hear more from us in the near future. ;)
  • olcore
  • olcore

Post 3+ Months Ago

razvans wrote:
I will not start to createa new search engine.

You need a good logo for your website. then you need to remove the grey border. Maybe you can use some CSS for text formating.

how does your search works?
It is an individual script or it takes data from google or any other search engine?

Thanks

Thank you for the comments. I had been fighting myself with the border on the announcement, and your comment helped me make up my mind. The border is gone! :)

The search is of our own database. We are working on improving our crawler in order, but in the long run, a good size database for Olcore.com will require your help. This is why we're getting out and talking about our site: We are looking to improve what we have in any way we can.

Thanks again!
  • olcore
  • olcore

Post 3+ Months Ago

tarikdw1 wrote:
cool idea kind of similar to google.. .But i think the logo is not that appealing needs something that catches your eye also your search engine doesnt seem to be working i guess still in construction.

but good luck

G

Thank you for your comments! The search engine itself is working, but since it's our own database, it has to grow in order to be more effective. We are working on this, but with your help, it can grow a lot faster! :)
  • free_dragon
  • free_dragon

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is very simple, I think you need a good logo for it and your Announcement! is too big for the style make is more smaller it will be more better and use diffrent color for it it will be shown good ;)
  • olcore
  • olcore

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you all for the suggestions and comments. We certainly are taking them to heart. Please keep the feedback coming! :)
  • phrenic13
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Southeast US

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks like you are doing pretty good so far. i added my site and i also made something for you. didnt take long. just took what you had and played with it a bit.

• gu3
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NCL- England

Post 3+ Months Ago

i love the site its good, good luck with it i dont like the curent logo i think the one phrenic13 made is much better.
  • olcore
  • olcore

Post 3+ Months Ago

phrenic13 wrote:
looks like you are doing pretty good so far. i added my site and i also made something for you. didnt take long. just took what you had and played with it a bit.

Thank you for the suggestion. As I've said before, Olcore.com is always looking for ways to improve in order to make a better search experience for our users. The image you made seems to have drawn some positive feedback and has gotten us thinking. Again, thank you for your suggestion and your comments!
  • thiensly
  • thiensly

Post 3+ Months Ago

good site. could be the next google
  • olcore
  • olcore

Post 3+ Months Ago

So what does everyone think of the new layout and logo? :)
  • phrenic13
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Southeast US

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice mouth
  • kocisz
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just submitted a site!
P.S. I like the logo. Nice google-like design, thumbs up!
  • giftula
  • Born
  • Born
  • giftula

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice
  • olcore
  • olcore

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you everyone!
  • gu3
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NCL- England

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice. much improvement upon how it was.
  • pvfishing
  • Born
  • Born
  • pvfishing

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice its simple not to flashy I submitted my site
http://www.puertovallartafish.com
  • The Evil Kitten
  • Born
  • Born
  • The Evil Kitten

Post 3+ Months Ago

its pretty cool! like thiensly said, it could be next google. BTW... u wanna put my site on there? i got it for free but its FUNNY! evilkittens.websitewizard.com is the site name. lol its hilarious!
  • olcore
  • olcore

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Evil Kitten wrote:
its pretty cool! like thiensly said, it could be next google. BTW... u wanna put my site on there? i got it for free but its FUNNY! evilkittens.websitewizard.com is the site name. lol its hilarious!

If you want to submit your site, go right ahead! As long as it meets our TOS.
  • The Hawk
  • Born
  • Born
  • The Hawk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks good you can develop it :)
  • Jibran
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Lucknow, India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Olcore is a very different kind of name. The site is quite reminiscent of Google. Anyways, I added my site ;-)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 24 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers