SITE REVIEW: New Web Design Company - Search Studio Inc.

• michaelcrawford
  • michaelcrawford

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please review the Search Studio Inc website.

We are a new web design company and want your opinions and critiques on content, look and feel, usability.

Thanks,

Michael Crawford
www.searchstudio.net
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• commandos
  • commandos
  • Loc: canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like it , very nice design simple and clear !

good luck !

Watch Felony Fight
  • multiosbrowser
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

michaelcrawford wrote:
... want your opinions and critiques on content, look and feel, usability.

- HTML Validator: Failed validation, 68 errors
- CSS Validator: many errors and many warnings

Your site is optimized for high speed internet :-( Analog Modem User must wait a long time (main page size: more than 330KB) :-(

After that I take a look in your source:
Code: [ Select ]
meta tag:
...Search Studio offers small business web design services and internet search marketing strategies. Specializing in website design ...
  1. meta tag:
  2. ...Search Studio offers small business web design services and internet search marketing strategies. Specializing in website design ...

You use not up to date markup (HTML 4.0 Transitional), a table design, a "font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica", a fixed "font-size: 11px" and deprecated HTML-Tags. MS IE can't resize the text and some browsers have problems if no "font-family: sans-serif" is defined.
  • commandos
  • commandos

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes forgot to say that it took me sooooo long to open ...
  • michaelcrawford
  • michaelcrawford

Post 3+ Months Ago

commandos wrote:
yes forgot to say that it took me sooooo long to open ...

Commandos,

Thats the first time I heard of this ... slow load times.

Typically (from other website review sites) I get "fast loading site"...

Can you please tell me what browser your using and what type of net connection your on?

Thanks,

Mike

www.searchstudio.net
  • michaelcrawford
  • michaelcrawford

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can I please get reviews on the content and usability.

The intent is to have people choose a web design package request a free consultation.

How does it read? Do the packages and their presentation make you want to purchase?

Thanks,

Mike.
www.searchstudio.net
  • commandos
  • commandos

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry prob was from my pc , i found out that the router is acting weird , i opened the site today and it was fast .

but yesterday loading was slow i think prob from my side .
  • intiendes
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • intiendes

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice and simple site, though you have some blank spaces there that needs to be filled (if that is your design, sorry ... it looks blank to me)
  • PatentBoy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • PatentBoy
  • Loc: Manchester, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

:wink: As a potnetial client I may well be put off by using a company incorporated in 2005 to do such an important branding exercise as a website. I would try and stress your own experience eg "after spending x years writing websites for... , he set up ..."
  • princess275
  • Born
  • Born
  • princess275

Post 3+ Months Ago

i'm sure i've had a look at this site elsewhere and mentioned that the site samples in the portfolio section need to clickable through to the actual web site that was designed to show your clients. The speed wasnt an issue but i'm not sure that he blue is working with the rest of the website.
  • Dsgnr
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice and simple design. I think you can remove some of the pictures. I mean the left side. There are 2 pictures on the left side of your web page. I think If you remove these 2 pictures, the design will be better than before. Sure this is my opinion...
  • terryjohn.smith
  • Born
  • Born
  • terryjohn.smith

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes, i like your site but i think you have used more space above the "affordable website solution for your business" on the top.
  • roje0913
  • Student
  • Student
  • roje0913

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think on the front page, that space to the right of the menu needs to be taken up, if that is a stock photo you can just slide it over and put a white or black fog across the part where the letters show up so they stand out a bit. I dont care for the black and white photos on the first page- left side. Your featured product picture also doesnt work for me. I always like to be able to click straight through the projects to see them real size, no links on yours. Your content pages also seem to have a lot of text with no real defined breaks or pictures to lighten it up, making me less apt to read the whole thing.
I think your site looks good in general, just some of the nitpicky things i saw....
  • jamesallen3333
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: bedford UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very clean on the surface. but you should try to clean up the markup now if your happy with the look and feel
  • dojo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Timisoara, Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Something on the colours doesn't look OK to me. Maybe it's that blue .. it's a bit too strong .. or the left column grey that could be lighter .. don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful site, but I'd work a bit more on the colour theme ...
  • business opportunities
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • business opportunities
  • Loc: Saskatoon, SK, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice layout. If you wish to sell hosting packages, it would be helpful to have some summary of the packages on the page, especially space and bandwidth. I base my clicking further on a hosting page on whether or not the packages are of good value for the investment.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers