SITE REVIEW: news2day.co.uk

• tastysite
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am looking for riviews on the design and ease of use of my first website (that ive put online) I know a lot of bugs are in it as are spelling errors! :oops: But what do you think of it as a starting point? Your idears please tar!

url http://www.news2day.co.uk
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• linxiting
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • linxiting
  • Loc: Belgium

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a nice start, but you should make sure your website is done before you put it online... It's to empty now...
  • chrisinbc
  • Student
  • Student
  • chrisinbc
  • Loc: Victoria, BC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with the poster above - it really is too empty now. There seems to be too much empty blue space in your website. As you said, there are a lot of spelling errors. To make a professional looking site you'll need to definately correct the spelling errors. It has a nice simple design though - easy to navigate. A good start for a first website. I think that it'll be a challenge though to c.onvince people to submit articles to your site. Best of luck.

Chris H
  • msbionik
  • Born
  • Born
  • msbionik

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have to agree with everyone here; however, chrisinbc, you're telling tastysite about the spelling errors and you spelled definitely, incorrectly.

Anyway, all joking aside, the web does seem empty but it also feels a bit unorganized. Also, I don't like the fonts/colors you used, which makes it a little unreadable. Hope this helps.
  • chrisinbc
  • Student
  • Student
  • chrisinbc
  • Loc: Victoria, BC

Post 3+ Months Ago

msbionik wrote:
I have to agree with everyone here; however, chrisinbc, you're telling tastysite about the spelling errors and you spelled definitely, incorrectly.

Anyway, all joking aside, the web does seem empty but it also feels a bit unorganized. Also, I don't like the fonts/colors you used, which makes it a little unreadable. Hope this helps.

Good point! I should probably check on my own spelling and grammar, before commenting on someone elses spelling errors :D

Chris H.
  • tastysite
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the reviews my main problem I am having right now is that it works on my localhost but when its put on-line the MySQL falls down!
I made the site as a project at school and learnt web design while I made it so the bits I made earlier on or not as good as the bits I made now! Ha
  • shaliwahan
  • Born
  • Born
  • shaliwahan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

Just had a look at you website, no offence but as per me the site did not catch my eye, nor the site appeared as friendly, try adding some image to your page. Your site appears as a Ms Word document to me.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers