SITE REVIEW: Next Generation kid bikes

• Inito
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, I just finished this design for an actual kid bikes brand.

The new design is about to go online in a few days, and im wondering if you guys think i can do anything to improve it.

It's a dutch company, so is the site, but theres not much text on it so that wouldnt really matter.

Thanks in advance

http://www.nextgeneration.nl/ng2004/site
  • s][ren
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Lehigh Valley

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow very orange. Might want to put some cool colors to dampen the overwhelming orange. Also might want to add a splash page.
[too bad I don't know dutch....]
I like the nav.
The scrolling text in the status bar almost doesn't look professional. might just want the text to read "Next Generation"

When you click on photos you should have the window open up in the same color scheme... just a suggestion, might be to much work. lol

Maybe with the first page, with that whole graphic it might be cool to slice it so that you can actually navigate to the specific bike by clicking on them. The bike on the bottom left has reg. border, not fuzzy like the others.

Overall: I like it, just looks very orange! :-)
  • cerio
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Much I like about this site.

The one thing I would point out is that the text in the middle of the homepage is very hard to read and looks a little 'distressed'. Perhaps bigger, bolder or darker text would be easier on the eye.

Viewed by me on IE and Mozilla Firebird at a screen resolution of 1280 by 1024 pixels
  • _Leo_
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Post 3+ Months Ago

First, what I like:

...the colours chosen for the site.
...most of the design idea.
...I think it's funny and functional at the same time.

What I dislike:

...the way the bike pictures appears in the home page. (Why not to try a fixed border instead of a fade to background?)

Technical facts:

The main table resizes and centers well, but do not resist too big or too small resolutions. I have got the problem both in the IE and Mozilla browsers. Try to open it on a resizable window, then change the width to see what happens.

I got dissapointed when realize that the bike pictures were not links ;)

===
Overall: I like the site. Good work.
  • stfu
  • stfu
  • Loc: russia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice website :) I love the logo on the right, and menu is pretty cool

but yeah, all these bikes look abit off, you should think of another way of puting them on there.. and maybe left and right sides could use some pictures too, maybe add some banners there? they look empty, because they are kinda huge..

Its cool that scroll bar matches the website, keep it up!
  • Inito
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey guys, thanks everyone for your replies.
I must apologies, i ran off to vacation after the first reply :)

anyways, about the scroll bar at the bottom, the owner insisted on it, so i didnt believe i should make a fuss about it.

About those little photos not linking to the model page, thanks for mentioning that! Ill considder making an image map.

-I dont see much that happens when i resize the window to a smaller size, i defined the middle column (the main one) with pixels, so when the browser is resized to a smaller window, the outer cells will crop, not the main one.

-Yeah, i could make the large images fit in the design, but i think this is clear enough, so itll do, the client has not mentioned it :wink:

You know, i dont want to overflow the site, so i think some empty sides might make it little bit more clearer and make you focus on the content.

-Alright, ill mess some with the font

Thanks again everyone

P.S. did you try going over the logo? like that?
  • cipher
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow lots of colours, u will certainly get the attention of children though i found it a bit irritating. the layout is good though and the scrollbar blends in. i would give it a 4 out of 5 stars for design.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers