SITE REVIEW: next89.com

• Enclave
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

G’day!
Welcome to next89.com – more than just your average travel guide – a great place to plan your trip Downunder and find a few mates before you even leave home.

Tested:

We tested the website in IE7, Firefox, Safari and Opera. IE6 and below support unfortunately no .png graphics (so it looks not very nice).

The whole site is XHTML 1.0 Transitional and w3c css valid.

At the moment the site is in english, but we have plans to do it in german, korean and japanese...

Thank you for feedback and best regard
Jérôme

http://www.next89.com
  • masli72
  • masli72

Post 3+ Months Ago

Enclave wrote:
G’day!
Welcome to next89.com – more than just your average travel guide – a great place to plan your trip Downunder and find a few mates before you even leave home.

Tested:

We tested the website in IE7, Firefox, Safari and Opera. IE6 and below support unfortunately no .png graphics (so it looks not very nice).

The whole site is XHTML 1.0 Transitional and w3c css valid.

At the moment the site is in english, but we have plans to do it in german, korean and japanese...

Thank you for feedback and best regard
Jérôme

I Love the roadsign theme that u use. Unique. I regret I did not think about the theme first. Good job dude
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

One thing that kind of jumped out at me was that the text is hard to read over that blue gradient in the center. I think it would be good to lighten that background up just a bit.

Other than that, I think the site is nicely put together and looks good overall.
  • Enclave
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you very much for the feedback, I change the background a bit.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the overall design. I have but a few things for ya:

I'm viewing your site using FF on OS X 10.4, and one of your boxes on the left overlaps the one underneath it:

The other thing I noticed is that the rollover on your map at the bottom right doesn't quite work correctly. If I roll over it and stop, the text appears fine. However, if my mouse keeps moving, the animation stops and the text disappears.

Overall, nicely done.
  • gotlinks
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: USA, TX, San Antonio

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
I like the overall design. I have but a few things for ya:

I'm viewing your site using FF on OS X 10.4, and one of your boxes on the left overlaps the one underneath it:

The other thing I noticed is that the rollover on your map at the bottom right doesn't quite work correctly. If I roll over it and stop, the text appears fine. However, if my mouse keeps moving, the animation stops and the text disappears.

Overall, nicely done.

I agree, pretty nice overall!
  • Enclave
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

We could fix this error, thank you for the advise! Now it looks in all browser the same.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm viewing in IE6 currently, and you have a glitch in the first yellow box on the left-hand side - a blue line above the text. Probably a padding/ margin issue.

also your main div (the one with the blue background) extends in a funny way about a centimeter beyond the width of the header.

Otherwise it's cool!
  • Enclave
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

yep, thanks fixed that on the side, still looking for the glitch in the first box. :(
  • 123bargains
  • 123bargains

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice site. I checked it in ie and ff and they both seem to be ok. The map in the middle is a very nice touch and easy to use. One thing that may help is if there is text on the different sections of the map. There may be there but it may be too small to read. If you maybe show some kind of description of the area you are selecting somewhere, that may help. Otherwise, great looking site.
  • alopes
  • alopes

Post 3+ Months Ago

That design it's poor. If you don't know how to get a well designed website, just use wordpress or joomla and buy a theme.
  • kbergmann
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

alopes wrote:
That design it's poor. If you don't know how to get a well designed website, just use wordpress or joomla and buy a theme.

Alopes, what is poor about the design? You should not just state "That design it's poor." Atleast give reasons for your thinking ...
  • Enclave
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

alopes wrote:

What kind of advice is that! :roll:
  • calvi36
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • calvi36
  • Loc: Glasgow, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

alopes wrote:

Alopes, many thanks for your well thought out input! I think the site looks good and it will certainly attract visitors. Do you have a site that we could possibly critique?
  • tipsguru
  • Born
  • Born
  • tipsguru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Use the white font color in the welcome msg, it will look good.
  • MoeAlza
  • MoeAlza
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice design. Everything is simple and easy to find which I think is very great. The color scheme of blue and yellow is appealing. One thing is that the sign in the header is a bit choppy.
  • Enclave
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

tipsguru wrote:
Use the white font color in the welcome msg, it will look good.

Thank you very much I changed to white!
  • Enclave
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

We updated the whole design, make the menu visible all the time. Please give us some new feedbacks about the new design.

Forum update will be soon.

Cheers Jérôme

• peterrod
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

alopes wrote:

It's because of lame critiques like the one from alopes that makes me leery about posting a site for review. As for the site in question, it displays some of the best use of dynamic html. I particularly like how the images are displayed and the rotating banner on the main page is a nice touch. The site is rich in content, interesting and entertaining. If I were ever planning a trip to Australia, I would definitely return to this site. Good Job!
  • Enclave
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you very much, for your comment! We looking forward that you visit Australia... ;)
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree, this is an excellent site. just one thing - the png transparencies around your header navigation tabs don't work in Internet Explorer 6 - they come out as solid light blue. It's no big deal, but you might want to replace them with gif-s and add an appropriate matte................
  • hervens
  • hervens
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, the site looks pretty good, and professional looking also.

I also loved the logo, and the banner on top.
  • suejane50
  • Born
  • Born
  • suejane50
  • Loc: Uckfield, East Sussex

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the site very much - colourful and informative. I like the different photo at the top of each page.

What strikes me at first is that the home page has a LOT of information on it and is almost too cluttered. Maybe you could put some of the info on a linkable page.

I do like the map but think it is too small - can't read any of the writing.

You have lots of lovely photos but don't have a caption on any of them to say where they are, might be helpful. Same problem on the photos page.

Have you had many 'hits' yet? You certainly deserve to as it is obvious you have put a lot of work into it.

Well done and good luck
  • lee_web
  • lee_web

Post 3+ Months Ago

The layout looks nice. I like that the header image changes when a visitor clicks on the header menu.

The information on the different locations seems informative. Overall, the site is well done and I wouldn't recommend any major changes.
  • Enclave
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks again for all the nice feedback!

I added now titles to each photos, so you know now where it is... :)

Checkout also the new profile look: http://www.next89.com/forum/members/enclave.html

Thanks again...

Jérome
  • theBruney
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I like the site. I especially like the navigation. So cool! :)
  • kbergmann
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like this site alot. The map appears to have been improved or it could be the background color that made it appear that way on the index page. Great site map and explainations of symbols for people who ask how to print :)

Overall very nice job.
  • Bot5
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Deep Space

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi
I found the information on the site really interesting
if there was one thing is one theing i could say i would recommend that the number in the statistics were after the heading not in front

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 28 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers