SITE REVIEW: Nirgame.com

• nirgame
  • nirgame

Post 3+ Months Ago

Launched my first ever website for playing online games : Nirgame.com. This is my first venture and i would really appreciate if the veterans can critique the website's design and features. I also seek your input on any major feature that you find missing here. My target audience is a 9-13 yr. old kid.

Thanks,
Nirgame
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UVBoy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: London, Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

The home page looks OK except that the top banner needs some branding work. You need a logo, or something that gives your site some character. As it appears now, I just would not be able to remember the name of the site, and even if I visited the site again it would be hard to remember if I'd been there before.
  • nirgame
  • nirgame

Post 3+ Months Ago

UVBoy wrote:
The home page looks OK except that the top banner needs some branding work. You need a logo, or something that gives your site some character. As it appears now, I just would not be able to remember the name of the site, and even if I visited the site again it would be hard to remember if I'd been there before.

Thanks UVBoy. I am working on getting a neat logo.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello!

Overall the site looks pretty good, theres just a few things that kind of stick out like a swore thumb. The red around the site looks out of place, in the banner, on the right above members and in the bottom along the pagination. Also the blue at the bottom seems to be a little off from your color scheme. I think red is a good choice it works well with blue, but It seems a little strong in the areas its at. I would suggest using it more of a complement color and only use it in small does. Easy way to do that might be to make it so when you hover over a game the border changes to a red.
  • findme
  • Student
  • Student
  • findme

Post 3+ Months Ago

Apart form that the navigation text font is a bit small. Your site layout is really nice. And I think the pictures caters visitors very well. Nice visual aid!
  • bambosi
  • Loc: Indonesia

Post 3+ Months Ago

this is great website :) simple desain ...
  • Hiztoria
  • Born
  • Born
  • Hiztoria

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok I like your site a lot, but it still needs some fine-tuning.

Here's what I suggest:
1. For the main navigation buttons, change the text to Arial not times new roman or whatever it is. Make the text a couple sizes bigger too.
2. See if you can improve the logo a little bit. Drop a shadow or make a reflection like most web 2.0 logos. This isnt a huge deal
3. Add a Main Search bar at the top, we don't want a side bar search.
4. The comments under the games are cool. Try and make them easy to post, and a little smaller.
5. the 5-star rating is fine, but you should require that people be signed in.
6. The title of the game should use a big cool font and text, not just plain white.
7. You should sort the games by most popular on the home page. Show how many times each has been played.

Im going to add this to my bookmarks and check back in on it over time. I hope some of my ideas make it in there!
  • nikifi
  • Born
  • Born
  • nikifi

Post 3+ Months Ago

For your first venture, it looks pretty decent. I was expecting a color theme though. even though you have a red banner at the top it doesn't form a color theme, since it is not really any place else. I am sure its a working progress, so just keep updating it and we'll keep reviewing!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers