SITE REVIEW: Nitrous Clan

• bluedragon
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • bluedragon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have worked hard to get this website up. Everything I want to do to it isn't finished yet, but the coding is different. If I could get some recommendations, advice or just some good comments; that would be awesome.

http://www.nitrousclan.com/
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can tell you put a lot of time into this. But first off, the code doesn't validate. It has like 172 errors. You might not mind, but it can cause problems. You used a table layout. Which to me will take you more time to edit down the road. The colors are cool. But the background is so plain compared to everything else. I think you could do away with. The banner could use some more work to make it really stand out. The navigation is confusing to say the least. You have 4 different navigation groups. I think that would confuse anyone. Maybe try making them dropdowns or something else. Add a rollover to your buttons. And get rid of the image nav. Dude try using CSS. I can't stress that enough. It will save you so much time and the code will load faster. THe rest of the site looks really crowded. And scrolling stuff is outdated. I would say the design on a whole isn't bad, but I don't think it really reflects the growing trends in web design. I know you spent a lot of time on this, but I would go back to the drawing board.
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Seems like you've put in quite a bit of work getting that site up and running. I like the gradient in the background and the section headers. However, I would consider changing away from the red and black combo. Those two colors are extremely close to each other value wise and provide very little contrast. Red and Black are also very hard for color blind people to deal with because the look almost the same. I would also suggest creating more "white space" (places without content created for the eye to rest - doesn't actually have to be white colored). You'll find that it makes the design much more pleasing and easier to look at/read.
  • nelitoo
  • Born
  • Born
  • nelitoo

Post 3+ Months Ago

bluedragon wrote:
I have worked hard to get this website up. Everything I want to do to it isn't finished yet, but the coding is different. If I could get some recommendations, advice or just some good comments; that would be awesome.

http://www.nitrousclan.com/
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

nelitoo I don't think that counts as a review...
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, it doesn't
  • bluedragon
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • bluedragon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll take care of those errors. It's a premade script, I just did the design. The menu is going to change since it does get confusing sometimes. I am going to keep the colors though. Since the website is for a gaming clan, being able to tell the difference in color's is part of the main for gaming.

I appreciate the comments though. I am working on a secondary design which will use more of a blue/green/gray to it. Basically it will give everyone a choice of which template they want to use.
  • hexengon
  • hexengon

Post 3+ Months Ago

i'm using Firefox 2.x.x

- on the "right box" - Latest News
some of the longer headlines overextend the box so u get some background on the extended text
- for each article, i don't like the large gap between the heading and the body of text
- when i go to the message board, it is "too squished" ,need to remove all the boxes on the right to make more room for the board, or you can make the main body wider
- the navigation menu is quite hidden, at first i didnt see it, also you should not label as "nagivation" "navigation" etc...
maybe add some of the navigation links to the left sidebar, make a box for that above latest topics block

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers