SITE REVIEW: Nixism Web Hosting

• .amaZe
  • .amaZe

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am looking for detail reviews and critiques.

http://www.nixism.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• crosnake
  • crosnake

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice site
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a nice site, the background image looks like the default splash screen of SuSe 10 :D . But I think that the content area should be larger instead of small.
  • SawanM
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • SawanM

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site but

Quote:
<table width="100%" height=100%>
<tr>
<td align=middle valign=middle>
your html here content etc

</td>
<tr>
</table>

Use this to center your whole web page
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay so you say you run Dual 2.8GHz Xeons with a 120GB Raid 1, and you're hosting on a HostDime IP, so I'd say you have the DS1 Plan over at HostDime.

But wait, on the next page I see you say "All of our shared and reseller servers are Dual-Core AMD Opterons.". Hmm, so which plan at HostDime are you using, the DS1 or a DCS3+?

Wait, then you mention Surpass. Well, it just so happens Surpass is the same company as HostDime.

Honestly, if I were looking for shared services, I think I'd rather go with the company that is running the datacenter versus someone renting a dedicated server from that company, wouldn't you?

Oh and I have to wonder if you didn't mean CentOS since HostDime doesn't offer Red Hat on dedicated servers.

BTW: You might want to fix your DNS so that your servers aren't open anymore. You don't want them to be recursive for anyone but localhost. ;)
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dig it ... very nice colours ... I would suggest adding some rollovers to those buttons at the bottom though ...

The w3c validator only found 1 error in your coding ... good ... click here to see it ...
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

...UNLIMITED domains...

Do you have THAT amount of space or are you really rich? I'm no expertise but I'm sure no body can provide infinity of numerous features, there should be restrictions such as size and processing speed.

Otherwise, the site looks good. BTW the flash images (or whatever they are) loaded slowly. Preload them for better effect.
  • .amaZe
  • .amaZe

Post 3+ Months Ago

@ Truce

I do not know, how you beleive I am hosting with HostDime. I just looked at my whois and I do not know why it says that. I bought my dedicated server from surpasshosting, in which they run and manage their own datacenter, and they also manage my dedicated server.

@ Bogey

The "UNLIMITED" domains is referring to unlimited parked/add-on domains quota. Also there are no flash images of any sort on the site.

@ SawanM

Yes, I am aware of the coding errors, and the errors are most likely caused by the integration of the live chat.

@ Everyone else..

Thanks for the reviews, and more will be appreciated.
  • rllunzmann
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • rllunzmann
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the feel of the site, pretty smooth colors and blending, however there are some pages that appear to have too much space, for instance, when i clicked "Resellers" almost the whole middle page was blank.. ?

I do like the colors of it though!
  • ROFLORLY
  • ROFLORLY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cheap hosting, Don't like how the slices are outlined when you click on the main page...
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

The errors have now increased to a total of 8 ... tisk tisk ... click here to see them in their natural habitat ... All right another thing I just picked up is that the rollover images are not preloaded which would be a good idea for visitors with slower internet connection speeds ...

I would also suggest disabling the link of a page that the user is on at the moment, for example if I am on the "support" page, you could disable the "support" button and make it another colour (static image\text) ...

on the "support" page there is basically nothing, just a few lines of text ... same with the "about" page, it's very empty and there are two images at the bottom, but they're not actually quite at the bottom, they're just sort of in the middle there ...

this is the result I get from your menu on the "forums" page in FF 2.0.0.4 ... please have a look at that ...

Then at the bottom of each page on the right hand side there is an image that states the following: "99.9% uptime - don't worry about your site. it will always be up" - technically not ... Just had to point that out ... hehe!

It also feels to me that there are some rollovers missing in the top right hand corner (home, login, etc) and also underneath the menu (overview, promotions, etc), and also on the "more information" and "order now" buttons in the right hand side menu ...

Sorry I didn't post a proper review last time, I was probably in a bad mood, or just had just woken up ... Hehe!
  • Glock
  • Born
  • Born
  • Glock
  • Loc: Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice site youve got there, nice simple layout with great colours, hope to be hosted here soon!
  • .amaZe
  • .amaZe

Post 3+ Months Ago

righteous_trespasser wrote:
The errors have now increased to a total of 8 ... tisk tisk ... click here to see them in their natural habitat ... All right another thing I just picked up is that the rollover images are not preloaded which would be a good idea for visitors with slower internet connection speeds ...

I would also suggest disabling the link of a page that the user is on at the moment, for example if I am on the "support" page, you could disable the "support" button and make it another colour (static image\text) ...

on the "support" page there is basically nothing, just a few lines of text ... same with the "about" page, it's very empty and there are two images at the bottom, but they're not actually quite at the bottom, they're just sort of in the middle there ...

this is the result I get from your menu on the "forums" page in FF 2.0.0.4 ... please have a look at that ...

Then at the bottom of each page on the right hand side there is an image that states the following: "99.9% uptime - don't worry about your site. it will always be up" - technically not ... Just had to point that out ... hehe!

It also feels to me that there are some rollovers missing in the top right hand corner (home, login, etc) and also underneath the menu (overview, promotions, etc), and also on the "more information" and "order now" buttons in the right hand side menu ...

Sorry I didn't post a proper review last time, I was probably in a bad mood, or just had just woken up ... Hehe!

Thanks for pointing some things out.

1. On the forums, that issue has been resolved. In the CSS file, I had the images pointing to the wrong folder so those 2 images weren't showing.

2. I am thinking about the static image thing, so thanks for that tip.

Thanks everyone for the reviews..

any more comments/concerns or questions?
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce

Post 3+ Months Ago

You probably shouldn't be running a hosting company off of equipment you don't own. It's just a bad idea to begin with honestly. If it's something where you're reselling someone else's space to your clients, fine, but you shouldn't pass yourself off as a full on host since you don't have 100% control of your servers (hardware failures, spam and IRC restrictions, limited throughput, your host can access your files, etc).
  • .amaZe
  • .amaZe

Post 3+ Months Ago

How don't I own it? I own the dedicated server. The dedicated server belongs to me, I pay the monthly bill, how can you say I don't own it?
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce

Post 3+ Months Ago

I pay a monthly bill for access to websites. I pay monthly for utilities. I pay monthly for an office. I pay monthly for a house. Fact is, I don't own any of them, including the house. If I owned the house, I wouldn't be paying the bank for it every month.

I don't, however, pay a monthly bill for my server. I paid all $2,500 for it, and now I just pay for bandwidth and co-location (space in a datacenter, including security, backup systems, a/c, backbone redundancy, etc). I DO own my server.

A dedicated server is renting. You still have to abide by their rules, and they say when they fix, update, or replace hardware...not you. You've probably never seen the datacenter, much less been inside it and hooked up physically to your server.
  • fitzpatrickbrett
  • fitzpatrickbrett
  • Loc: Vienna

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am someone who is using free internet services at the moment but thinking about paying for hosting. The first page had a button called skip it. Maybee this is some jargon but it seemed to be an invitation to just make the site go away and found myself compelled to click it. When I was taken to the next page I felt like it was going to take something special to make me stay and the image of the woman in the title bar was very well done and I thought about staying but there was a big white gap below it and the information that was there was crowded and busy. I feel the site lost me with this page.
  • cytalos
  • cytalos

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site ! Great design
keep going

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers