SITE REVIEW: Nora Jewelry

• tasameem
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tasameem

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all,

I need a review for my new site http://www.nora-jewelry.com please tell me what you think about the products, prices and the designs.

I developed it using Magento
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• sam_gautam
  • sam_gautam

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Site is Good but being a Jwellery Site it must be vibrant in colour and more use of bright colours.

Sam_gautam
Moderator Remark: removed self promoting spam link
  • shalus
  • Born
  • Born
  • shalus

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes i agree need bright colors
  • nixwebo
  • nixwebo

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site's layout looks great and is very easy on the eyes. I would try to move the couple links and subscribe form tot he top left, they are currently at the bottom left and off the main page style, this makes them look a little out of place to me.
  • tasameem
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tasameem

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks nixwebo i did what you told me
  • zarrar_chishti
  • Born
  • Born
  • zarrar_chishti

Post 3+ Months Ago

I went through the website..its fine..will do the thing...you just need to spend some time on the meta tags...refer to some online tutorials for that..once implemented properly you will notice an increase in the traffic and ranking...
  • petersego
  • Born
  • Born
  • petersego

Post 3+ Months Ago

I disagree with the wish for more bright colors and imagery. I like the neat design - it makes it more convincing. Though the logo is maybe a little understated...
  • tasameem
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tasameem

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you Zarrar & Petersego I did update the meta tags. I like the design too :-)
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

1) I like the clear white design. Forget the bright colors.

2) I think the front page should be special. At the moment, my eyes don't go anyplace. They are confused.

I would replace the front page with 6 images of the 6 categories you have. This would be better to see "Ah, I want this" and move into that category. At the moment its basically like a search page, with generic stuff on it.

3) Remove the newsletter thing on the left, and put it someplace else. Maybe have its own page with a link to it from the front page. Again, its not part of the main site, newsletters are fetures, but not the main feature.
  • idea_informer
  • idea_informer

Post 3+ Months Ago

Tasameem, I don't think you need to use bright colours. Your site looks tender and I guess it's what such a website needs. However you've got too much empty space both on the right and on the left. Pay attention to the Etsy website: it looks pretty similar to yours however more space is filled and that's why the whole composition looks good.
Next I suppose you should think on you logo. The current one would be hard to recall even in a couple of minutes after leaving your website.
Make the thumbnails on the front page bigger.
  • nessuno
  • nessuno

Post 3+ Months Ago

Too much white. I look it on a netbook screen and it has lots of empty spaces. I think you can manage disposition of elements better than how you do now.
  • seularts
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you used a cms to do your job in making this shopping platform, than there are slim chances that you will change the aspect of this website. But if you can, include a subtle background something nice, maybe floral.
  • Longclark
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Longclark

Post 46 days ago

It is really irony to read. Yes, In url you have used the keyword as jewellery but in the website it deals to be with the fashion designing so, it will bring a big disappointment to the visitors for thos who are visiting your website thinking of a jewellery website. So, first of all try to change the url and also please use the related key word to your website in the url so that you can gain more amount of traffic to your website or elsee it will become a big factor or the reason for the less amount of traffic.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers