• No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

the site is up and working if you cant get it from the .tk site try http://www.cowkiller.com/nostressdesign
  • omirix
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: 127.0.0.1

Post 3+ Months Ago

The footer needs a 'footer image'... looks like the whole site just drops off a cliff.
  • skyweb
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • skyweb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well the first thing I picked up on is the flash header, Im not the biggest fan of flash unless its used to create an experiance. Your website doesn't sell your services to me because it lacks personality or a sense of identity. I think you should change the font you used in your flash header because its not very stylish. Why do you have the little envelope at the top that links to the contact page when theres a plain link to the contact page in the nav?.

Your contact page is nice and simple and allows the user to send a message about different subjects without the complication of alot of text fields to fill in.

Theres not really much in terms of contents either, I suggest you put up an "about" page and on thier establish what kind of company you are, where your based, what you bring to the table etc etc.

Your portfolio page is basic but its good that you have included what each of the sites are made with (Flash,HTML), im not sure its a good idea to include adult related websites in your portfolio but depending on your auidience this might be ok.

Hope this helps.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the reply the adult related sites are only there due to lack of sites designed i am just starting to design sites other then my own or friends
when i get more sites done then i will remove the adult related sites
  • ramone_johnny
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ramone_johnny
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Change the background colour. Red usually signifies urgency, drama or stress!

RJ
  • parangat
  • Loc: Mumbai,India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Attractive background image. Clean and easy navigation which i think is the most important aspect of web design.

Good job
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cowkiller, I am in a bit of a mood right now so don't take any of the following personally.

My take on this site (assuming I know nothing about it):

Great, another kid that doesn't understand what clients look for. Just a waste of another domain name.

Why? Well, first off, you are supposed to be about having "no stress" but the first thing a visitor sees is irritating (a popup ad). Then, when he/she closes it they get a bright red background. The red is hard on the eyes and the flash is just irritating. The photo looks like a movie star and he seems like he is busy...so much for stress. The content lacks a real formatting and it seems like more of a temp page about to tell me the site is "coming soon." There is no title, few links, and the bolded information such as "home" does not tell me anything about the site. It is wasted space at best. The fonts are different, even in the dime sized amount of content that you do have. The content is not formatted similar to other websites of the kind, and the random capital letters make the site look like the work of someone who rarely uses a computer. The immediate prices tell me you really don't care to show me what you are about, what you can do, or what you do actually do. I hear, "I want your money!" There is a hosting page with absolutely no content other than a link that redirects me to the contact page that has 3 links to it. I turn off images -- suddenly the page looks a lot better. I turn of styles and disable the page colors (thx to FF) and the site is much more relaxing and easier to take in. I am focused on the content, and not getting a tylenol because the red is giving me a headache. The copyright link redirects to a 404 that shows the true owner of the site that the irritating domain masking was hiding previously. I check the portfolio to notice the first word of the second paragraph is spelt wrong...age = 14 pops back into my head. I notice a couple ugly struggling adult sites and wonder if they knew the age of their "web designer" before they sent over pictures. I read "true HTML" and chuckle, and then begin to laugh at the unprofessionalism of the flash used.

I don't mean to slaughter you, but this could be way better.
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Truce wrote:
Cowkiller, I am in a bit of a mood right now so don't take any of the following personally.

My take on this site (assuming I know nothing about it):

Great, another kid that doesn't understand what clients look for. Just a waste of another domain name.

Why? Well, first off, you are supposed to be about having "no stress" but the first thing a visitor sees is irritating (a popup ad). Then, when he/she closes it they get a bright red background. The red is hard on the eyes and the flash is just irritating. The photo looks like a movie star and he seems like he is busy...so much for stress. The content lacks a real formatting and it seems like more of a temp page about to tell me the site is "coming soon." There is no title, few links, and the bolded information such as "home" does not tell me anything about the site. It is wasted space at best. The fonts are different, even in the dime sized amount of content that you do have. The content is not formatted similar to other websites of the kind, and the random capital letters make the site look like the work of someone who rarely uses a computer. The immediate prices tell me you really don't care to show me what you are about, what you can do, or what you do actually do. I hear, "I want your money!" There is a hosting page with absolutely no content other than a link that redirects me to the contact page that has 3 links to it. I turn off images -- suddenly the page looks a lot better. I turn of styles and disable the page colors (thx to FF) and the site is much more relaxing and easier to take in. I am focused on the content, and not getting a tylenol because the red is giving me a headache. The copyright link redirects to a 404 that shows the true owner of the site that the irritating domain masking was hiding previously. I check the portfolio to notice the first word of the second paragraph is spelt wrong...age = 14 pops back into my head. I notice a couple ugly struggling adult sites and wonder if they knew the age of their "web designer" before they sent over pictures. I read "true HTML" and chuckle, and then begin to laugh at the unprofessionalism of the flash used.

I don't mean to slaughter you, but this could be way better.

Truce + Nail = Hit on head :wink: I'll second pretty much everything you just wrote. Couldn't have put it better.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce

Post 3+ Months Ago

OMG! I just noticed that was my 666th post! LMAO!
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Truce get a popup blocker i cant stop the popup with a .tk domain sorry
i am still learning and it may not be the best in the world but still
the background people tell me to change it so i did
if you would have read back a few posts you would have seen why the hosting page has so little
yes you do hear, "I want your money!" becouse i do i am not doing this for free
when i do a few more sites then i can buy a domain name and hosting
what is so unprofessional about my flash?

i am sorry i did a few adult sites.... nike, sony, axe, msn, google, ebay, kenwood did not call.... i am only 19 and just geting started doing anysite kind for money and you got to start some were
i know the site could get better anyones site could get better in some way it may not be the best but at lest it is not yours
by the way pay your bill
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I quit my website, which is why it is 'suspended.'
I don't see the popups, but I know they are there (FF). It takes money to make money, so buy a domain and hosting. The flash doesn't look that nice. You don't make money by yelling "I want money!"

My post was cleary labeled as not to be taken personally, I gave the whole truth and nothing but it.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

the site was down but now it is back up again

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 43 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers