SITE REVIEW: NoStressDesign

• UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

just geting my design site going and i want you people to review it for me thanks alot
http://nostressdesign.tk
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ma
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ma
  • Loc: bulgaria

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks nice, I like the logo. There is no much content to review anyway. I think you could make the home page bigger, it is too tiny now. In “contact us” section IMO it is better to use form instead direct email link.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

i was thinking about a form instead but i got lazy and yes still filling the site up with content
with more content the home page would be biger
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

anyone else?
  • lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Site appears to be down...
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

try again try useing ie
  • hazza
  • Born
  • Born
  • hazza
  • Loc: Bath, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have to admit im never a huge fan of sites that use such a small amount of the browser window. perhaps you could make it bigger, or add some kind of background texuture...

also, im not entirely sure what youre guy with his laptop looking off at some strange angle is saying about you or your site... still nice, clean design. anyway, what do i know - you should take a look at the site i submited here :shock: im no genius at work...
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

there are still people out there useing 800X600 screen size
with makeing it thin it makes it look like it has more content then it dose
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is true that there are 800x600 users, but even at 800x600 you still have a lot of space there you could use. If you want to however. Layout is good I think. It should look a lot better at first when you add more content to the home page. It is indeed small as is now, vertically.

I agree the guy with the laptop doesn't quite fit with the logo
  • hasnatme
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is small for 800X600 resolution too!! you should atleast make it 30% bigger than this...and I would like to remind you that..majority is now 1024X768..and I think you should go with the majority.

And one thing..can you make the banner in flash and put some moving thing around the picture..cause today people wants to see some moving thing..hope you have understand.

And yes ofcourse cotact us form will be the right thing for your website and there you should not get lazy for few min task!!!
  • jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I get a 404
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks "hasnatme" and others i will soon be adding a form for the contact page and changing thing header to flash
now for the width i think i will stay with that i kind of like it and i will be adding to the home page to make it longer and i may add some links to the bottem
thanks to all that helped me and keep it comming
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you get a 404 use this link http://www.cowkiller.com/nostressdesign firefox may not work well with .tk names
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

conact form just added and working
starting the flash header
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

falsh header now up and running
  • darkcleric
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • darkcleric

Post 3+ Months Ago

The flash header is a bit distracting, always seeing it going out of the corner of my eye. Maybe if you didn't have it loop...
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

as "hasnatme" said people like things moving
thanks but i think i will stick with the way the banner is
if you have anything else please do tell
  • yuriythebest
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Ukraine

Post 3+ Months Ago

cool, I liked the way the guy on the logo reminds me of shwartseneger (yah I know, I spelt the name wrong, but it's too complicated). The fast loading is also of good effect on me. Ad banners to your site, that way you can earn money, which you can later enjoy for good pleasure, on the other hand that may cut down on potential clients, so please disregard what I just said, instead continue doing what you were already doing and live life in happieness, also add a forum to your site, the best one is phpbb.
  • hasnatme
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great man..Now the banner looks live! Really today peoples like some movement on web.
  • RockmanTV
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • RockmanTV

Post 3+ Months Ago

The flash is pretty good, but overall the site is too small. I know that people still use 800 x 600 (and even 640 x 480) but your site looks way to small in my resolution. I'd recomend extending the length to roughly 750 px wide. That's a nice compromise, gives you a little showing of the background in 800 x 600 and still gives your site room to grow. Also you may want to add a bottom to your site. A grey line would sufficem one just like on the top. Also you have several validation errors that you may want to consider. You may also want to add a Javascript Flash plugin detector to determine if a visitor has the flash plugin. Those that don't will not be able to see your banner and there will be no backup jpeg just in case they don't. I recomend the moock detection script, do a search in google to find it.

You need to try and validate your site. There are a bunch of errors that you could fix. Otherwise it looks pretty nice in Firefox. I haven't tested it on any other browsers, but I'm sure many of those who have already posted already check in IE.
  • darkcleric
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • darkcleric

Post 3+ Months Ago

I admit that movement is good, but in my case, I just stare at the header and don't actually read the content. Maybe I just have ADD...
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks RockmanTV i will see if i can get it all fixed up
in IE it shows now problem
  • dojo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Timisoara, Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't fancy the black-white contrast and the site is indeed to small. From my stats less than 10 percent of my visits come from people with 800/600 res and 30 percent from people with higher res than 1024/768.

Since the 800/600 res people are that few I don't design for them They should use a higher res. It's 2005 not 1970 anymore. Anyway .. the site is nice, but a bit too simple. It's a design site, play some more with it. Convince people you really have something to say in the designers jungle.

Congratulations for it. I look forward to see the improvements.
  • pitbull82
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Poland, Czestochowa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I looks nice but there're a few things i don't like.

1) The footer doesn't have border at the bottom and its colour is the same as the whole background - I would change that
2) Times New Roman (technologies in portfolio)
3) Contact Form - too boring - try to make up sth more interesting...
4) what for is the envelope in the top as it's not a mailto link or a link to contact form?

But in general, I like it :)
  • farmer_Tom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • farmer_Tom
  • Loc: Oaklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, cowkiller, the design is very small, you should at least make it long enough (tall enough) for a maximized brower window (you can always use liquid images which resize automatically to the user window) by telling a little more about your company' s mission and goals. Lastly, Your hosting page needs to be complete or a contact link should be inserted because I was confused. Make those changes and your site will be ready for business.
  • JayDeluxe
  • Born
  • Born
  • JayDeluxe

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is good but you can use more colours. This is my opinion,...... :D
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks a again for the ideas. the letter will be a link to the contact forum. i forgot all about it.
the hosting i am wateing on the prices and what they offer then i will fill in that part
about the footer it looks like legs and was ment to go that way just to be a little diffrent
i have bin geting alot of slack about the slim design of the site but i want to be a little diffrent then the rest
the color should i change it and to what?
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

just added a new background and more content to the main page
  • ewomack
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you could use some more interesting fonts and layout for the text you have throughout. If you know CSS, utilize that. Since you're advertising design services, try to use something more inspiring than Times New Roman lined up in a basic grid format. To be honest, your portfolio sites look better and are more intriguing than your own site. You obviously have the skill, but you need to show it more in your homepage.

The site is really easy to navigate, and the samples are good. But why is it "No Stress Design"? The name implies somthing that isn't explained. Are you easy to work with? Fast? Efficient? Plus, juxtaposing a business guy with a laptop says "STRESS" to me. I look at that guy and he looks stressed.

Just some thoughts. Overall it is a good site. :D
  • omirix
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: 127.0.0.1

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the holding page ;) site down..
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago