SITE REVIEW: nottingham web design

• thesquareone
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • thesquareone

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys, im pretty new here, but my friend a long standing member thought and told me it would be a great place to go to go get a bit of constructive feedback on my website

the url in question is http://www.nottinghamwebsolutions.co.uk

and id love it for some of you to take a look around

known problems are the portfolio section is thin, reason being this is a new site with new people involved, I am a bit reluctant to show people work when the footer links from the sites we have designed will be to mine and my colleagues old sites, i guess a moral issue as we are a new company now..so feedback on this would be good too !!

many thanks in advance
  • spyko
  • Born
  • Born
  • spyko

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice site
  • alex89
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Western Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just a few small spelling/grammer mistakes obvious:

Home:
Quote:
Nottingham Web Solutions is a company containing ‘real people' who are dedicated Internet professionals and importantly enjoy their work.

You have two different types of apostrophe, one normal, one angled.

Quote:
info@nottinghamwebsolutions.co.uk or telephone us on 0844 3570933

The font after the hyperlink (times?) is different from the other fonts above.

About us:
Quote:
Nottingham Web solutions promises

The below heading ends in ":", the above doesn't.
Quote:
What Nottingham Web Solutions wont do:

Requires an apostrophe - won't.

I'll have a look through the other pages, but I like the look, the pictures at the top of each page are very stylish and modern.

I'm not sure you need to have "Carbon Neutral" and "Contact" at the bottom of every page, maybe include on seperate pages?

The bottom links:
Quote:
Nottingham Web Design, Web re-designs, Search Engine Optimization, Logo Design,
Content Management Systems, Shopping Solutions, Computer training, Brochure Design

seem out of place, I would have
Quote:
Sitemap, Add To Favourites, Terms and Conditions, Links

I've got a date now, I'll check back later & take another look.
  • thesquareone
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • thesquareone

Post 3+ Months Ago

many thanks for the comments, have made a few of those changes now so much appreciated, little things you miss..

am now working on the portfolio section as we have 2 new clients, i think morally we will only put the sites up there actualy designed by Nottingham web solutions and not by us as individuals before the company was formed.

anymore feedback would be good including any topics i have faild to include that people might seem important, as i said its the little things you miss :)
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like the subtle color shift on the nav bar. I feel like the gray background really flattens the site. Maybe a simple gradient or pattern transition would help the page to pop a bit.
  • thesquareone
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • thesquareone

Post 3+ Months Ago

many thanks CXL for having a look at my site, i will have a look at doing something with the background, will get on to that shortly after this weekends expected alcohol abuse wears off !! :)
  • seularts
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

the colours are very tierding.. try to make a combination between colors, strong to soft.. it may ease the eye of the vissitors:)
  • thesquareone
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • thesquareone

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi thanks seularts, i think i will stay with colours the way they are dont want garish colours involved, i dont think this site hurts the eyes of visitors, its grey and white, nothing involved there to hurt someones eyes in my opinion but i thank you for the feedback :)
  • fadfod2000
  • Born
  • Born
  • fadfod2000

Post 3+ Months Ago

you may need a horizontal menu under the panner
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

when the 'home' link is in rollover state, there is a few millimeters of white remaining between the light gray rollover and the top of the main div. to me that looks like a mistake.... make them line up?
  • thesquareone
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • thesquareone

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks alot, bizarrly i intended that to happen ! i can sort that however if in others opinion it looks like a mistake :) many thanks
  • thesquareone
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • thesquareone

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cheers, change applied to it, thank god for css :) to me it looks odd like this, but anyhow...anything else would be appreciated no matter how trival you think...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers