SITE REVIEW: noXealia[er...again]

• noxealia
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Spring, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright, so I would tell yall the concept of my site, but you could just head on over to the 'about' section on it :lol: . So here's the linkage:

http://www.noxealia.com/

Please tell me what you guys think, in detal, complaints, dislikes, compliments. I was going for a simple and small theme, as you can tell.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well personally I dont like the grey in the background. I think red would be a better colour because it compliments blue, green, and white-the main colours of your site.

I think you should update the about and add maybe your WIP(work in progress).
  • ynyfrik
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ynyfrik
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

the grey looks crappy change to red, add more colors and change your logo or whatever that is.
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is it just me or does the text on your site appear to be smaller than usual? Maybe this could be changed. Also your menus could do with a little more graphic.
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is it just me or does the text on your site appear to be smaller than usual? Maybe this could be changed. Also your menus could do with a little more graphic.
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does this site have any relation to This One or This One? I guess a 3rd review thread cant hurt.

There's no relevent content in your news, reviews, and pictures section, good start for your first 3 links. Clicking on your forums link, you leave no way of getting back to the original homepage, I only have the forum menu to work with. Work on navigation. The forums look good although you could introduce some more popular topics. I've never seen a forum thread based on thoughts on someone's blog. Guess there's a first for everything.

To your contact page, is it really necessary to have 7 contact email addresses? Really, even Hotmail only has like 3 or 4 necessary ones, you need 7? Great explanation of the site in the about page :? . Opening your blog page, no links at all back to your original homepage, another navigation problem. Finally, your footer information (Copyright 2004-2005 etc...) is hidden with that graphic you have in the background. Might want to clean it up. Your missing your meta description/keywords tags and need alt tags for your images. Pretty decent site otherwise.
  • Gemwolf
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Gemwolf

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm affraid that at this stage the page is a bit boring. (But don't worry, I've seen worse!)

Personally I don't have a problem with the grey - but maybe that's part of what's making the site so dull.

Once again there's some navigation issues, but that have been mentioned.
And no pictures? At least put something there... Just don't let nothing happen when you click on Pictures. (Well if there is something there, I was unable to get to the page...)

I do like your banner/logo/grpahic.

This might end up as a very interesting site, if you put some work in it. I think the biggest cause of the boring look & feel, is the fact that there is no Topic for the site. Find one - you can change it in the future! This might help you in developing the site into something better.
Good luck!
  • noxealia
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Er, well one reason for the dull background is so you're not focused on it, and then you're more focused on the site. I'm going to fix the footer image, as it doesn't work very well, I really don't see the problem with the logo, seems eye-catching to me :). And about the concept, I am working on that, leaning towards technology, or gaming. Thanks for your input, later.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

noxealia - there is NO need to start *3* threads to advertize that you've updated your site. Please keep them all in the same thread. I have merged your other two threads into the original one.
  • Gemwolf
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Gemwolf

Post 3+ Months Ago

noxealia wrote:
I really don't see the problem with the logo, seems eye-catching to me :). Thanks for your input, later.

Me neither. I like the logo as well - if you misunderstood me. Good luck! :wink:
  • noxealia
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

new layout and such, please review again.
  • Sharky
  • Student
  • Student
  • Sharky
  • Loc: US

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow that looks like a really good layout.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 42 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers