• Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all

here is my new site, all done in flash
i admit, im no flash expert, but compared with earlier attempts it is 'better'

the flash is normal, but i am hoping that the design will appeal to potenial buyers.

well, go ahead and review away

thanks all
\\Link Removed.... ozzu whoops me on SERPS lol
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• quantumcloud
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Dhaka, Bangladesh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nucleo, first of all you should do something about your server. It is getting me to your cpanel. It says,

Quote:
There is no website configured at this address.
You are seeing this page because there is nothing configured for the site you have requested. If you think you are seeing this page in error, please contact the site administrator or datacenter responsible for this site.

I got that message yesterday too. But got in somehow this evening.

So from this evening's memory, it was impressive if simple. You seemed to use flash only for the navigation. Which might be good considering that your main purpose here is to show the graphics skill. To that end you are a success. I like your works. What I did not like is how your sample wallpapers pop up in a small window with a few thumbnails. And when you click on a thumbnail the big image loads in the same tiny window with no way to get back to the menu except for right clicking.

You should also give more details on exactly what you offer and for who. I am not sure but that's what I remember about your site.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

very well done nucleo, i'm seriously impressed. It loaded quickly, has a
cool choice of color. I really dig the purple.

My only complaints would be that it's really large for a company site, and
has a lot of harsh edges to it. It's a cool style, but I don't personally
expect that style to be used for a company. That could be a good thing
though.
  • datums
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • datums

Post 3+ Months Ago

Design wise, color blends , etc it looks great. I think it would attract more web design / graphic designer types.

Clients don't want to have to dl Flash 7, just trying to see it from a customers side.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks all.

I can always save all the .swf in flash 6 if needed, there is no AS 2.0 in there anywhere.

thanks unflux, i was trying to make the site different from the rest.

yes, i have had many host problems just lately..
they told me they had some kernel errors on their servers and were fixing them. but my site was down for 2 days in the process. as far as i know it is back up for good now.

good point about the wallpapers, i never noticed that because i didn't try to links lol.
i will definately make the links to the images pop up in a seperate window, think that will be ok?

on the main page i could scrap the news part and put some company info?

let me know your thoughts on this, and thanks for the reviews.
  • jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the design, what I don't love is that you have to scroll vertically (my res is at 1024x768). Great graphics & your sound is subtle. Outstanding work!
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've been waiting to see the finished version :D
I'm getting not found :( I'm deffinately going to keep checking back :D *waves fist at nucleos host & swears*
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
I've been waiting to see the finished version :D
I'm getting not found :( I'm deffinately going to keep checking back :D *waves fist at nucleos host & swears*

damn right...

unflux, leave a space for me once my year is up with this host.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm..

thinks its back on now
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nucleo wrote:
unflux, leave a space for me once my year is up with this host.

we'll be waiting :D
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

There it is :D
I was impressed when I seen the graphics before, Seeing everything put together & functional is a treat indeed.

The solid white text backgrounds in the form are a poke in the eye though, It looks like you have the background checkboxes checked for the text, if you use a plain box mC & duplicate/resize it as the background you can adjust the alpha & have thoose boxes not stick out like a sore thumb :wink:

As for hosting, why not move the commercial aspect to Unflux servers now & use the space you have now for the forum & testing purposes ?
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

sales page is alpha'd

maybe, but i always like to pay up front for the year...
i have 1 gb of space and 70gbs of bandwidth with this host i have, and my domain name was bought with them.

so i will just wait it out... and also cus im broke atm lol
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

First off...thank heavens for Photoshop, eh Nucleo? :lol:

The site displays great visual eye candy, fantastic job with that and the execution with your color scheme.

Considering your amount of experience with flash, I'm impressed by what you were able to conjur up here with the navigation.

Your pieces of work are all very similar in style, which from a consumer stand-point, makes me question what else are you capable of...just a thought.

The photoshop comment points at that style you are showing, although, I think i see some Cinema 4D in action, am I correct on the assumption of use of those two programs?
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

photoshop 7, fireworks mx 2k4 and flash mx 2k4

the navigation wasn't too difficult, apart from the button with the Portfolio bit on..

i had to ask joebert to take a look for me ;), he did a good job
  • monsieur_le_christophe
  • Student
  • Student
  • monsieur_le_christophe
  • Loc: Wales, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hell yeah it looks seriously impressive - shows just what you can do, and is on offer.

1 / 2 tings:

Forum is loading in same page, think it would be better in a new window.

The portfolio drop down doesn't seem to work every time - seems like it might be that the portfolio menu will not drop down if the movie clip for another selection is still playing just after you roll out? ie if you move to portfolio quickly from another category...

Well done for keeping load time small! BTW the noises and icey blades/swords/vampire bats (!?) were scaring my little brother, so maybe you should make your site a PG lol! :)
  • quantumcloud
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Dhaka, Bangladesh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
on the main page i could scrap the news part and put some company info?

That'd be a very good idea. Or you can split the page between two. What I mean is as soon as I enter your page I should have a clear idea about what kind of services you offer. Graphics. Ok. But what kind of graphics? For web? For print media? For animation? What are your tools? Who have benefitted from you and who or what kind of business might?

Also it is awkward to make so many pop ups to show your work. From that point of view your whole layout is not very hepful. But it is so artsy, I can't recommend you to change it either. You still might want to go for a different layout if you want this site to be more busniess minded. Because in that case you would surely want your past works to have maximum visibility to gain users' confidence.
  • Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice flash design Nucleo, some links don't work...
or maybe just my browser, perhaps, you should give 2 options for your site, a flash and a html graphics one like your old template?

good work
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

caught this late again lol

which links dont work?
please let me know so i can fix em ;)

as for the main page, i can just have the news in a popup like the wallpapers do.

and use the main page as an intro as to what is on offer.
  • Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

Get forums to open new window
  • MrSomeone
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • MrSomeone
  • Loc: Brooklyn, New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

jlknauff wrote:
I love the design, what I don't love is that you have to scroll vertically (my res is at 1024x768). Great graphics & your sound is subtle. Outstanding work!

I agree with that, I like the flash but it's a little too tall for lower resolutions.

-Someone
  • Techkid
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Techkid

Post 3+ Months Ago

Really nice flash work, did you do this yoyrself?

i reqlly like the drop down menu's you have and the scrolling news area is nice
  • liltman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • liltman
  • Loc: England, Hartlepool, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

wah can i say about this, this is one of the best designs i have seen, it's really amazing, i love the graphics, the layout, it's all so smooth and all blends together so nice

it all just looks amazing i'm lost for words lol, however the wallpapers page wouln't load for me much, i could see all of the wallpapers but i only managed to click on one, all the others i tried wouldnt work

still that's the best site design i have seen in a long time, i'm new to this forum but your site is by far the best yet

keep up the good work!
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi again all lol

i brought this thread back to life because i have not long finished the skin to my forums, and i have altered the front page of the forum ;)

so now you know more about what i do ;)

but this post is basicly so you people can see how my forums are, and any suggestions on a way to improve them
  • monoheinz
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Norway

Post 3+ Months Ago

The forum is great. However, your main page is not. It's how tall, 1400 pixels? Yet, the fonts are microscopic and the content field is only a few pixels tall. If I were a potential customer, this site would make me press Alt+F4 and look elsewhere. Obviously, the graphics used in the design are cool, but for a page like this it just doesn't do the job.
  • Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11
  • Loc: Southampton - UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

WOW i love the forums! they look so cool! I do agree with miniheinz though. Your site is stunning dont get me wrong but i feel like it is not very practicle! Its is soo tall. The writing is small aswell.

I am on a 1280x1024 and i was straining to see the text.

I love the design however i think you should try and make the site appeal to a wider range of ppl.

Maybe it is something that you could consider when you make a new design (which seems to be every 2 months! lol)

Good work though
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeh, it is too long i know that, and it was stated in the last few comments ;)

at the weekend i might have a go at making it a little bit smaller.

maybe making it wider lol,

I dont want to do a total redesign again anytime soon. the reason is that this is the one which really took a long time, and i put alot into it... hehe, i even made a matching forum skin :P

so, i think i will just alter the design that is there at the moment... i really like the purple and the slight gothy look lol

thanks for all comments guys...
I will re-post in the thread when I have made the alterations. If i make the alterations lol
  • eslie
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • eslie

Post 3+ Months Ago

the sound of loading is quite good. sounds something mysterious...
  • akmalbd
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nucleo wrote:

hello, realy nice works...

thanks

http://www.nucleo.co.uk
  • top5hosting.com
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • top5hosting.com
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Technically it is very impressive. The colours and overall presentation is great - if you are a first time visitor. But if you are a regular visitor - a client perhaps - it would be nice to have a html only link on the home page.
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

great site, however, i also think not many companies would be very attracted to some of the work. its very new, and *ponders for good word*.....*still pondering*and, for lack of a better word, cutty. the grafix are great for more tech oriented comapnies, however, business oriented companies go for more minimalistic designs.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 30 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers