SITE REVIEW: Oakland Group Air Conditioning

• claireo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • claireo
  • Loc: Coventry

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have designed a website for a company which mainly does air conditioning, (http://www.oaklandgroup.com) which is online and completely working, but because i only know what i have been taught from everyone else in my office, i am not sure that it is perhaps built in the best possible way for Search Engine Optimisation. I know now we have added RSS its helped increase hits. But I think there is perhaps something we are missing to really move it forward.

Has anybody got any advise on coding, or even any design opinion, as looking at t now, i am not too sure of the colours.

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the design and the layout of your website, but the blue text at the bottom of your website is very hard to read. Mabye you should think about changin the colour of that text.
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

penguin wrote:
but the blue text at the bottom of your website is very hard to read. Mabye you should think about changin the colour of that text.

I agree with Penguin. That blue text is either too light of a blue for that white background or is too thin. Perhaps you could try a thicker font or make it bold?

Actually a darker blue like the color in the flash header would be better in my opinion.

Other than that, you have a well designed and nicely laid out site.

At first it didn't seem like you had any copyright information on the site, but then I found it.

Good job.
  • kevsterb007
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kevsterb007

Post 3+ Months Ago

I second (or third?) that. Take a look at studio3k.com they have a great footer (not to mention their complete design).
  • akdiver
  • akdiver

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow great site. The flash at the top is first class good work. I tend to agree about the blue text and I know its for SEO but that whole footer seems like overkill. Also the text at the top is also hard to read and aligned a little off. Airconditioning in the top left is blatant keyword stuffing so be careful.

All things considered an absolutely great site where I would feel comfortable requesting your services. Good stuff
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quick review- Too much text.

Text too small in header (Flash area underneath movies).

white background color at top of boxes in Flash movie.

I would do something to separate the text fields. A capsule, a change in background color something to keep them separate besides white space.

why are the words "air conditioning" out in space?

quick navigation needs to work. it should look as impressive as the Flash. add some design flare to it. jazz it up.

the black lines used to border your sections gets a little boring after a while. try another technique.

overall i think the type is too small.

i see what the "air conditioning" is doing. It changes depending on what page you are on. but it's not consistent. on some pages you didn't include it. I would dump it on all of them. if you want, put it in the page title instead.

i would make the logo a homepage button

the footer is boring. so much info you should add something to it. like a bg color.

Overall though the site is very nice. Very clean and I think some of mine and the other suggestions can only make it better.

And get it to validate as CSS and HTML :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers