SITE REVIEW: OmniMagic.com

• CyberChris
  • CyberChris
  • Loc: Vancouver Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright guys, I hesitated with posting my site on here but I would really like to get some input. It´s the first site that I´ve ever worked on.
All kind of input is greatly appreciated - don´t try to be nice because I am all new to this. i want to know your honest opinion.

Check it out: http://www.omnimagic.com

Thanks for taking the time to visit !
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• nickelmedia
  • nickelmedia
  • Loc: Orlando, FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great start for your first site.

The first thing I noticed was the delay in loading the graphics for each category. I checked on of the images and it was 20kb. If you total up all images on the front page it is ~220kb not counting the top logo.

Try sizing these images down in quality a bit. Even if you took off half of the size, there would be a major improvement. I sat there for around 3-4 seconds wondering what yoiur site was. I'd probably also put a summary line of text somewhere near the top that does just that - explain what your site is. Even after the pictures loaded it didn't click with me right away. All I saw was handcuffs :)

Overall it's a simple, clean design and looks great for a beginner. I hope it does well for you! Good Luck!
  • Indulge
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Indulge
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the whole shop-thing looks good. Seems to be an already configured thing. The Pictures of the articles could look a little more professional. What I didn't like was the header/Logo part. Doesn't look professional to me. Maybe think about a new Logo ... The rays and light effect is not the right thing for a logo which should be clear and minimal...

Greetings from Germany
Anja
  • bernkly
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

The layout size for the mainpage may need to be resize. The width size may need to be reduce. A lot of people resolution screen still 1024x768. Some are still using 800x600. That's why yahoo design to fit 800x600 layout size. The height can be scroll so basically it wont matter.
  • jipwidap
  • Born
  • Born
  • jipwidap
  • Loc: Pennsyltucky

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks pretty smooth, but try to scale down the logo. It's making the width way too wide for most displays. Not a big deal. Other than that it's a real nice start.
  • kende.com
  • kende.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks perfect for a first site !

Need to fix: Layout to fit right menus in page for lower screen resolution ...

Andras Kende
http://www.kende.com
  • CyberChris
  • CyberChris
  • Loc: Vancouver Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you all for your comments. Greatly appreciated !

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers