SITE REVIEW: One-Thing.org (Redesigned)

• Sharky
  • Student
  • Student
  • Sharky
  • Loc: US

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have redesigned the site please comment on it i know alot of pages are not working and the guestbooks table has messed up but please review the design if there is any thing wrong with it any errors e.c.t :D

One-Thing.org
  • desertland
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • desertland

Post 3+ Months Ago

The 'enter' page with the "set one-thing.org as your homepage" looks unprofessional.

When you do enter, the main page says nothing about the purpose of the site. What does the website want to accomplish?

The menu on the left is straightforward and easy to understand - that's good :)

Regarding the "terms of use" and "disclaimer" on your site - have the legality of these ever been tested? (I'm just curious) :)
  • Sharky
  • Student
  • Student
  • Sharky

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol the terms or use and disclaimer havent been tester lol but there just incase and thanks for the help everyone more please :D
  • gregdo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

color scheme good, enter page mite send people away because u wanna no wots its about as soon as u get thr if u aint been thr before, and u have some pages which go no where! remove the links or get those pages up! and the forum is a totaly differnt colr n it looks bad in the frame, no offense, change the color scheme or make it open in a new window.

uther wise ur site has a lot of potential
  • Sharky
  • Student
  • Student
  • Sharky

Post 3+ Months Ago

there is no forum and thanks.
  • Mas Sehguh
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the color scheme, but generally I have a thing for lime on black. The site has the appearance of being simple and focused, which is good.

I don't see the point of opening a window for the "full story"; I expected it to open another page. All links should be made to act normally.

Most of your links are greeny, but your news page has blue links.

There's no need for frames, and they should be removed due to their disadvantages.

The marquee on your guestbook page (scrolling text) is something that died out in 1997 for good reason; it is more user friendly to let the visitor read text at his or her own pace, and it can be distracting when the user wishes to read something else.

It is a good idea to use grammar everywhere.
  • Sharky
  • Student
  • Student
  • Sharky

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol i havent got round to changing the link colour on the news page and i dont see any thing wrong with the full story popup i didnt find that looked verygood when it opened in the frame true the maruquee did die alongtime ago ill take it off thanks for the help :D
  • mystic
  • mystic

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your link doesn't work it says under construction?
  • Sharky
  • Student
  • Student
  • Sharky

Post 3+ Months Ago

o yeah im redesigning the site so no need to comment again i will ask for a nother review when i have done the new layout and design :D
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

remember to ask for a new review in this one creating a new one will just get your new one locked
  • sebastianx
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • sebastianx

Post 3+ Months Ago

All I could see was

One-Thing is underconstruction due to viewers that cannot view certain things will be running soon

I take it that it is being updated!
  • webfastic
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • webfastic
  • Loc: Baltimore, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

The main page is way to dark, I do like the chocolate and gold theme but lighten the background up it up a bit.
  • Sharky
  • Student
  • Student
  • Sharky

Post 3+ Months Ago

The ones above was the ones from the old layout so please comment i need feedback people! :D
  • Sharky
  • Student
  • Student
  • Sharky

Post 3+ Months Ago

can some one review my site please?
  • XzyluM
  • XzyluM

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I don't really know where to start. The overall site is way too dark and the yellow is way too bright. All the borders really take away the look of the site. The text is near impossible to read, I had to highlight it to see what you were saying. Grey on black and black on yellow isn't a very good combination in my opinion. All the text is meeting the borders. Padding comes to mind. There's a good bit to work on at the moment.
  • Sharky
  • Student
  • Student
  • Sharky

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the comments i thought the colours was a good look i likes the yellow border on the black/gray background i can see what you mean by the text being too dark i will change that but at least you commented on my site:D Thanks.
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have 3 suggestions:

1) Remove the very top thing that says "Sign up for one-thing.org newsletters" and the subscribe button there as well.

3) Change link colours to yellow

4) Stretch the size to go from end to end of the screen. <table width="100%"> should do it

5) Set a size for the left column so that the links do not curl.
  • Sharky
  • Student
  • Student
  • Sharky

Post 3+ Months Ago

i would like some feedback about the site this is my 2nd ever main template so i hope its good:D

http://www.one-thing.org
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please don't start a new topic when you already have a topic with the same topic. Please continue from the same thread.

Thanks!
  • Sharky
  • Student
  • Student
  • Sharky

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the review your feedback was greatly appreciated
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Web design tutorials? The design is not fitting nor excellent. People who are going to look for web design tutorials are more likely to do so from a site that shows a great design.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 21 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers