SITE REVIEW: onelurv.com - log in with one click

• GRex
  • GRex

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi folks,

I'm hoping to hear some functional and conceptual review. How do you like the service and would you use it? Here goes:

onelurv.com

onelurv is an online password manager that frees you from using one password for everywhere. It's designed to handle the multiple trivial web accounts, allowing user to use strong passwords without memorizing them.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

There's 1 small problem with this idea. For reasons of security i'm never going to give out my username and passwords to a 3rd party :!: How are you going to convince others to do the same :?: You could be a hacker looking to gain access to other peoples accounts etc .... (i'm sure your not :roll: )

At the very least perhaps you need to have an SSL certificate :?:

Good luck.

Cheers, Prime ...
  • s][ren
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Lehigh Valley

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds interesting but I agree, I don't think its very convincing. At first glance, I wouldn't do it.

Besides, firefox can keep all my passwords and things saved, and if I wanted to look at them, I can easily view them.

I would suggest that you come up with a privacy Policy, terms of use, and user agreement.

The blog link also doesn't add to the professional side of things.

-Ted
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a nicely designed site, but I agree with previous comments regarding privacy and security. The information you propose to safeguard is not something I would hand over to a random web site.

However, I have to disagree with Ted's comment about the blog link (sorry, Ted). These days, a company, especially one that provides a web-based service, pretty much has zero credibility without a blog. A blog is an excellent way to keep your customers informed on their terms (no overhead of a newsletter, no information "push" -- they can visit the site or sub to an RSS/Atom feed), and with trackbacks, a great way to get other people linking to you, generating publicity and increasing your search engine ranking. (Err.. I think. I don't really know anything about SEO, but it seems I just saw this mentioned in an article not too long ago.)

- Gita
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
These days, a company, especially one that provides a web-based service, pretty much has zero credibility without a blog. A blog is an excellent way to keep your customers informed on their terms (no overhead of a newsletter, no information "push" -- they can visit the site or sub to an RSS/Atom feed), and with trackbacks, a great way to get other people linking to you, generating publicity and increasing your search engine ranking. (Err.. I think. I don't really know anything about SEO, but it seems I just saw this mentioned in an article not too long ago.)

... you've convinced me :D :wink: I suppose it just comes down to a matter of presentation. The idea certainly has merit but it needs a very corporate feel to give confidence in the integrity, security and ability of the application. The personal touch is the last thing it needs

Cheers, Prime :shock: :D
  • GRex
  • GRex

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the comments.

On the practical side, the service is designed to store passwords non-critical web accounts online, freeing you from any desktop app. Admittedly, I wouldn't recommending keeping passwords to bank accounts here. I won't even do that on a desktop password manager. But I think the convenience to hundreds of trivial accounts far outweight the convenience/danger of using similar password everywhere.

If the only criticsm is trust issue, I guess it'd take some community support in order to live up to a certain credibility. All the more reason I can use some support from you guys ;)
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Maybe you could try marketing your application by having those websites you consider trivial endorse your product with a hyperlink :?:

Some people may class Ozzu as a trivial web account but i'm never going to store my details on a 3rd party application incase somebody should log in and post under my id :?

Cheers, Prime ... :shock: :D
  • GRex
  • GRex

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've heavily upgraded and pimped up onelurv since it last appeared here.

In short, besides being a password manager, it's been juiced up with a "channel-based" RSS reader that can be embedded to your personal page.

I'm sure you got ideas to 'viralize' this. If it works, I'd more than happy to have you featured heavily on the site :D
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

I merged your 2 threads. Please don't start a new topic if you already have a recent topic.
  • GRex
  • GRex

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alrite, the last design was so out of character and unworthy of attention. I fired the guy who did that.

I put on a new age design and this is the result:

Please visit and criticize.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers