SITE REVIEW: OneSpartan.com

• cElite
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is my first website. I started it when i was 12 and i am now 13 it has grown from an ugly little elf into a huge monster ( As most people think :wink: ) anyways please review it and tell me what you think.

Thanks, cEoXcide ( President / Admin ) of OneSpartan.com.

http://www.OneSpartan.com

edit:
I also own:
http://www.Halo2Files.org
http://www.Halo2Files.net
http://www.TheRumblepit.com
& http://www.verbatix.com
some of which redirect to OneSpartan and some i am Developing.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• koppaspider
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • koppaspider
  • Loc: Metro:Williamsport

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yall" Man, I like your site colors, from what I looked at they all match.. Just one thing to improve on is the left hand side navagation... its seems really cluttery. Mabey you should get a tree script or something of that sort to clear the menus up a little. All else Rocks.. Also whered you get your domain from?
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not to shabby for 13. Nice work.

I don't so much like the gradients on the little box bar things at the top. It isn't quite as shiny as the rest of the site calls for.
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did you say you were 13 or 31?! :shock: Impressive site, very impressive. I'll toss in a couple of ideas, if you're up to it, I think the register/login buttons at the top would look much better if you tossed in some rollover images, maybe changing the background to orange with a black font. Also, what would you think of changing the text font for those colors to orange? The dark font you have now hides that area a bit.

The only other thing I can see that will add to your site is some CSS for your scrollbars, change the color to black instead of having the generic windows scroll bars. This will also benefit other sections like your contact page where the Message portion has that blue scrollbar. But overall, you're site kicks arse as is, you have a promising future in web design.
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Definitely some rollovers for some visual interest. Very impressive for age 13, I commend you on your abilities at such a young age.

Perhaps make some of the news heading stick out more with a bar. I am not sure exactly what the site is about when I am there... The images at the top under "OneSpartan" are un-identifiable... I question wether or not they even need to be there since you have the same links to the left of it...

Those are some minor things...but overall, superb job young one.
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Definitely some rollovers for some visual interest. Very impressive for age 13, I commend you on your abilities at such a young age.

Perhaps make some of the news heading stick out more with a bar. I am not sure exactly what the site is about when I am there... The images at the top under "OneSpartan" are un-identifiable... I question wether or not they even need to be there since you have the same links to the left of it...

Those are some minor things...but overall, superb job young one.
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oops, sorry for the double post...firefox must have brain-farted. :lol:
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

For somebody at your age to have what you have is nothing more than amazing. I am envious of what you have achieved on this website.

I have never been a fan of dark websites but, i suppose Ozzu has helped me accept it a bit more. I have got used to the dark sites with light font.

It was suggested in my recent Website Review post that i move my Sign in box anywhere else on the page other than the very top (where you have yours). Perhaps you could shift that a wee bit further down. The font colour on the Sign in box is pretty un-readable and i wondered if you would maybe consider making this white (or same colour as most of font on page)?

Just a couple of suggestions.

Well done though, very impressive site!
  • aeon
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

not a huge fan of phpnuke, but it looks good
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's a pretty nice site for someone who's so young. Way to go :)

Just a couple of comments though:

- On the home page, it doesn't state what the site is about, I'm going to assume the site is about gaming/games? You should think about adding an intro paragraph describing the viewers what your site is all about

- Your logo is very nice but if I didn't know what the site title was, I'd think it would say Conespartan.com, the little design next to the O could be interpreted as a "c"

- The graphic navbar at the top (right under the logo) are hard to see because of the background colour and the graphic colour

- Scalable site, good job!

- Under the rules to register for the forums, you have three options near the bottom, either you "Agree and are 13 or over", "agree but are under 13" and "do not agree..." the first two take you to fill out the form. Did you want someone under the age of 13 to join? If it it doesn't matter, then why ask them in the first place? I'm just a bit confused

- Under the "Staff" link, you've got your text centered, I think you could set up your content better. Try setting up two members side by side and one centered in a td tag underneath. Under those three members list the web domain info NOT CENTERED.

- webdomains is two words

- spell check!

- In your left hand navbar, you've got a link to a PDF, put in brackets next to the link (pdf), so that ppl are aware they are downloading it

- Your link "official files" links back to the main page

- Why do you have a one menu listed twice? Once on the left under MENU and again right above that in orange font? I don't think there is a need to list the same navbar twice on the same page

- Good keywords! But missing a site description

- Don't forget your alt tags on images!

keep up the great work :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers