SITE REVIEW: Online Downloads

• markov
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • markov

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey ! I've redesigned my site and thus i would request the viewers to spare a few minutes of their valuable time and review my website: http://onlinedownloads.org
Thanx in advance.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• mediatitan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mediatitan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just a couple of little suggestions...

I wouldn't put a 'nofollow' attribute in the robots meta tag in your header unless you really don't want search engine spiders to follow links to internal pages of your site. There is strong evidence that a lot of spiders now ignore this tag, but probably not all of them. If you don't want them following your external links on your site (i.e. links pointing to bugdoctor.hop) you can put the tag on specific links. Just in case you don't have the syntax, it would be something like <a href="website.com" rel="nofollow">website</a>.

The other thing I would say you might want to consider is modifying your adsense ads. I usually change the border color to the same color as the background where its located so it looks more like part of your site as opposed to advertisement. We've experimented a little with this and not only did it make our sites look a little better, but increased our clickthroughs.

-Tim
  • alibaba711
  • alibaba711

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's better, just no more ads they are so annoying.
  • ownskin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Simple and straight forward. I cannot say it is good or bad.

The search form is searching the whole internet and not just your site. It is difficult for user to find what they want in your site.

Maybe you could add a feedback form for users to post comments.
  • Fahad_1
  • Born
  • Born
  • Fahad_1

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah...try to show less ads please :)
  • markov
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • markov

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually i'm also thinking of removing the google ads on my site. Just i want to have search bar. Will this decision be profitable for me ?
  • Sightmix
  • Born
  • Born
  • Sightmix

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very simple layout, but nice :)
  • mediatitan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mediatitan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've tried both - regular adsense ads and Google search (adsense also). This is only on one site (a cell phone site) and my average revenue per click was over $1; with the search bar, my average per click was a few cents. This would definitely be different for different categories of ads.

If they are talking about the adsense ads, I don't think they are excessive (unless you've removed some since those posts).

As far as the search bar, you might want to check out Google's custom search. That way you control the results. Google also places sponsored results on the custom search and will share in the revenues if you link it to your adsense account. Here's the link for it if you're interested: http://www.google.com/coop/cse/overview

Tim
  • nleesee
  • Born
  • Born
  • nleesee

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the menu download (top left) is far too small. Its easy to overlook this section.
  • golfmonke
  • golfmonke

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Your site seems to be pretty clean, except I noticed your content goes over the bottom the rectangle , if you know what I mean.

You could use some kind of cool logo.
  • sarmystic

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is nothing to download really. You have just given ink to sites where we have to purchase paid software, and then download.

In fact, You've even gibe a link to paidsurverys online, where there is nothing to download at all!
  • Rod_Snyder
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Overland Park, Kansas

Post 3+ Months Ago

First, I would provide some spacing between the images and the text. There's some HTML attributes that can be used, or one can use a transparent 1 x 1 px gif with width attributes to provide spacing. Or, it can be done with tables and cells, etc.

Does the adsense really pay off enough to have all those ads?

I think it's a great idea to provide consumer reports on products and services, and in this case, online downloads.

Good Luck

Rod
  • antonyx
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • antonyx
  • Loc: London UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

you need a bit of a gap between the pictures and the text..

the site looks a bit boring.. i think the actual content you have is good.. information that people will want to read and may click your links..

i just think that the way you are presenting the products on the screen is a bit bland.. i think you need to jazz the site up a bit
  • donalduck_sg
  • donalduck_sg
  • Loc: Singapore

Post 3+ Months Ago

markov wrote:
Hey ! I've redesigned my site and thus i would request the viewers to spare a few minutes of their valuable time and review my website: http://onlinedownloads.org
Thanx in advance.

Nice job
but when i click blog why open?
on offence but i think it will be better if blog open in the same window and you can use beardcrumb to show when the user is right now. i think navigation is kind of mass up. you should create some categories like download, marketing, other.
  • oppiweb
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I could not find free downloads but if you do have them put them in a seperate part of your site.

You can give freefind a try for a site search as they will crawl your site once a week ..... google may take months to update.
  • karinca
  • Student
  • Student
  • karinca

Post 3+ Months Ago

antonyx wrote:
you need a bit of a gap between the pictures and the text..

the site looks a bit boring.. i think the actual content you have is good.. information that people will want to read and may click your links..

i just think that the way you are presenting the products on the screen is a bit bland.. i think you need to jazz the site up a bit

i m with antony! "you need a bit of a gap between the pictures and the text.." its very important for design looks!
and the other thing is "borders" there are borders on the pictures! they are really looks unpretty! do you test it in ie?
in internet explorer there are mistakes! example ; the page's black border. it finishes in the middle of the page! is it a mistake or what!
good luck
  • Mintolf
  • Born
  • Born
  • Mintolf

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not bad. Though the content is not so rich now. Hope you could provide more software to download. The layout may need to get some improvements.
  • bilzone
  • bilzone

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is clean and nice but i have a suggestion.
Your menu download is too small, try to enlarge it.
And what u offer at your site -->link to other site`s download. Try a program affiliate and u earn a little cash there ;).
The google ads u have..try to eliminate the border..i think it intergrate perfect without border.

Have fun !
  • moshdj2uk
  • moshdj2uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your links in the left column are far too small! Also, I'd suggest some kind of branding and a logo with an ALT tag with relevant keywords.

You have split the categories into different subdomains, which as far as I'm aware will work wonders for your search engine ranking positions.

I'd also suggest a new layout of some sorts. You need something clean and minimilistic, but says "Rarr!" at the same time. Something that grabs the users attention.
  • laeinc
  • Born
  • Born
  • laeinc
  • Loc: Nevada

Post 3+ Months Ago

its ok. good job. lol
  • markov
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • markov

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanx for your comments. Downloads are free for only to get scanned. Then if you feel you are satisfied, you could opt it.

There's a lot of difference between the free and the paid ones. For example, the spybot is a free program whereas the spyware doctor is a paid one. The definition range and the efficiency will definitely vary. If you opt for a paid one, the efficiency will also be up to mark.

So for blog i should make it in the same window. Nice suggestion.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 21 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers