SITE REVIEW: Online Personal Organizer!

• Vector
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys, i'm more of a developer than a designer, but i think that i did ok on this last one, and was looking for some feedback. The site is obviously never finished, but i would like to move on to my next project, only, i'm not sure what other people would think of it:

http://einformationorganizer.com/

Thanx
  • Minefield
  • Minefield

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks like a very professional site, I can't really find anything wrong with it. My only slight niggle would be, when I resize my browser window the 'e information organiser' title does not move with the rest of the page, this looks a little odd. Other than that good work.
  • pclovers
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Nagpur, India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice website. Seeing small pictures in the header region, I remember the icons from linux.
Good tool tip usage. As Minefield said, you have done professional looking website.
  • lovely elisha
  • lovely elisha

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice website with free registration feature.
  • ravitejag
  • ravitejag
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great work there. Calling yourself not so good with designing is really being modest. But the designing could have been better.

Remove the google ads from the top. Its ruining the look. Place some banners on either side to cover the space.
And the footer is too huge. Try to reduce the size of it.

Rest all nice placement of icons and video and a good design.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great design. Very professional and very simplistic.

There are, however, some stuff I dislike about the site design.

1) The video border is blue... change that to white. That would look better and more professional (I think).

2) There is no home button if you click somewhere else. If you want to go back home, you would either have to remember the domain URL, or hit the back button until you get home.

3) On the link above, I (personally) would like some background change on hover... like maybe a darker color then the current background image.

4) The ^Top^ links at the bottom are unnecessary. The actually ruin the site a little bit (In my opinion).

That's about all I've got for you. Great site design. Good luck.
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

this is by far the most impressive domain I have ever seen posted on ozzu. A review that would do it justice would take quite some time... It is a genuine development, not a skinned affiliate site?

After registering 1 very quick thought would be ... what the heck are the password reminder questions all about??? :? "the atomic weight of water?" ... "What is full of holes and water?" :? What's wrong with those good old traditional questions such as "what is ur mothers maiden name?". Genuinely bemused by your thinking...

Anyway, great site well done.
  • Vector
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright guys, i have almost completely redesigned the website, enhanced the navigation, enhanced some of the features, and am in the process of adding a new feature. I think that it looks SOOOOO much better :D

==EDIT==
Hey, i did not know that people were replying to this! I will go check my notification settings, and then come back and reply to each of your comments...
  • Vector
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanx for all the replies. I really am not very good at design, but i am getting better.

This is definitely not an affiliate site of any kind; i worked my ass off on it. And it is not skinned either, the design just sucked :D. I can build just about anything, but fleshing it out is my kryptonite.

The security questions that you typically see are things that people like ex-girlfriends can usually guess, which is bad. The answers do not have to be related to the question you choose; the question is merely a hint for you to remember an answer that acts as secondary authentication to reset your password if you lost it.

Hope you guys like the new design.
  • digitalcamera
  • digitalcamera
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks like your the same people from reviewme that wont approve me simply because we don't display google page rank well I guess thats nice but other than that I would also say it uses KDe4 icons which in my opinion after using kde4 I can safely say its nothing more than a spyware platform for germany.
  • Vector
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

What did you say? I did not understand one single semantic of your post? What is reviewme? The icons are not kde4, they are generic Linux icons --bluecurve, i believe.

Try using commas, and periods, so that people know where one sentence or phrase starts, and ends. ;)
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

digitalcamera wrote:
Looks like you're the same people from reviewme that wont approve me, simply because we don't display Google page rank. Well I guess that's nice, but other than that, I would also say it uses KDe4 icons. Which in my opinion, after using kde4, I can safely say its nothing more than a spyware platform for Germany.

Are you, per chance, referring to reviewme.com?

(I updated the quoted version by putting the punctuations where I think they are needed).
  • Vector
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wonder why the hell he thinks that i am the same person? Oh well, i can't understand everyone i guess...
  • middayc
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Slovenia

Post 3+ Months Ago

In general looks like awesome tool and a lot of work to make them all. Congrats on that. I will just describe few things that I would try to improve if I were you on the front page.. just brainstorming..

- that e in title "e Information Organizer" sticks out in a bad way .. the whole title could probably look better.

+ I like the main area (the rounded box with blue borders) a LOT. It looks functional and usable and clear. Sort of gmail-ish

+ Video is cool to have

- I would change "Please help Promote this Free Website" to something more like "Tell your friends about this.." .. promote is a word of marketeers , I think it isn't part of "user" vocabulary

- I think the bar with icons on the top (and title/header above) doesn't fit the main area (which is very good IMHO) well. If not else the icons are very colorful big and visible but the names of tools below them appear weak .. maybe make them bold and a little smaller so they will look more compact
I would keep the buttons the same size.. make texts more compact as I said and make icons in buttons smaller .. so they would have more padding. I think that would make them look better and more in balance with site.
  • Vector
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

HA, you're a first: I actually agree with you on essentially everything you said :D.

I'm thinking about making the title all one word, but differentiate the colors to set them apart. I tried it once before and was unhappy with the result, but i think that i know another way...

I love the main area and the menu too. This is not even the type of theme i NORMALLY design; most of the time if i design something, it is almost all BLACK :D, so i really got lucky on this one!

Yeah, i don't know why more sites don't have video for their users to learn how to use it...

I agree that i DO need to change that text, and i like your wording too.

I know that i should pad the icons more, and i actually did by 2 pixels this morning, but i may adjust it more. Many users actually love the big clean and clear icons, and so do i, so i wouldn't be making them too much smaller, but it does need more padding. Also, i think that your idea about the text is very good, and i will try it.

Thanx for the good advice.
  • middayc
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Slovenia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have to rely on others' people feedback many times with my work so I gladly give it to the projects that I like in some way, enough to take some time and tell what's comes to my mind. You're welcome.
  • raananschwartz
  • Born
  • Born
  • raananschwartz

Post 3+ Months Ago

I Like the header, Similar to Vista :P
  • Vector
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

How is this in any way like "Vista"? I would never make something look like ANY microsoft product (at least not intentionally). I am anti-microsoft ;)
  • LogicWeb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Alex,

Saw your site. Its lively, but a few suggestions:

- make your menu and menu icons smaller, even 50% smaller. Icons too big.
- you have duplicate icons in the footer area "Tell your friends about this Free Website"

Try this site for nice icons: http://www.iconfinder.net/
  • Vector
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are two icons for eInfo and for Twitter because each performs a separate function. The tooltip should state thaat.
  • Vector
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok guys, the site has been completely redesigned *again*. The excessive icons are gone (some are still used, but much less often); the ads have been rearranged in a way that is much less cumbersome and confusing; the design itself if *much* cleaner and more professional. Let me know what you think.

Thanx
  • kbdavis07
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: West Virgina

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have reviewed your website. Look wise it looks great. Functionally is also great. I think its done. I look at your source code to see if you did On site SEO and it looks like you did. You have targeted specific Keywords for each page. I also did a Yahoo Site Explorer on your site.

http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/se ... =sfp&bwm=i

You have alot of Inlinks and that is good.

You have done a great job with your website.
  • gardof
  • Born
  • Born
  • gardof

Post 3+ Months Ago

Interesting solution, just the domain name is not easy to remember:)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 23 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers