• No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually, that's really not too bad for someone that needs to get their feet wet and learn a bit about poker. It's not flashy and loud, navigates easily. About the only negative I really have is that shark image in the header...it's a little disgusting if a nOOb can even figure out what it's supposed to be. It definitely doesn't match the site.

As a side note you might want to research a tad in your top 10 online sites. The recent merge of Ultimate Bet and Absolute Poker into the Cerius network is said to have presumably made that the third largest poker site, even though UB and Absolute still maintain their individual branding, they now operate off the Cerius network and share the same database.
  • zwebsite
  • zwebsite

Post 3+ Months Ago

thank you!

the idea of the sharp is to shock, so that people are perplexed and want to find out more; but that could be the wrong idea, agreed; most poker sites have some cards, chips, women, so I tried to differentiate myself, but that could be the wrong way.

if anyone can propose a replacement for the shark, he will be welcome.

for those who do not know poker, shark means good player, fish means bad player; this is the idea of the image, you will become a shark an eat fish; if you think it is a bad image, please let me know.
  • zwebsite
  • zwebsite

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

I changed the top banner.

Please let me know if ok/better.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

zwebsite wrote:
as I said I changed top banner,
please let me know if ok now.

I think that is very much better than what you had initially. But you said "Don't be a fish, cash the fish". Did you mean to say "catch the fish"?
  • zwebsite
  • zwebsite

Post 3+ Months Ago

very good point ATNO/TW

this is play on cash/catch; you catch the fish yet, but what it truly gives you is cash; also refers to the expression a cash-cow, here cash-fish somwhow.

if you think this is dumb, once more, than please let me know.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know that I'd call it dumb, and I do follow the double meaning, but remember the poker definition of "fish" is == A player who loses money. An old saying is "If you can't spot the fish at the table, *you* are the fish." I think that would make more sense than what you are using. And yeah, in case you haven't guessed I play a bit of online poker.
  • zwebsite
  • zwebsite

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes,

you are probably right; better use a famous quote indeed.
  • zwebsite
  • zwebsite

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes I guess you play poker, but I am not sure what you do in the middle of the leaves on your pic :)

Anyway ATNO/TW, I changed the logo once more time. You have changed the face on my site.

I will be back later in other sections of the forum to try move up 1 level in site coding.

thanks a lot.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers