Hi. Can you please review my site? Laptop Batteries
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• BillSmith

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's quiet in here... can you hear the echo?
  • Seymour Butts
  • Seymour Butts

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would check for spelling errors. For example, at the top of the main page is....

Home \ HP Pavilion zv5000 Battery \ Dell Inspiron 6000 battery (laptop battery Chagrer)

The word Chagrer is spelled incrorrectly.
  • netrider7880
  • Student
  • Student
  • netrider7880

Post 3+ Months Ago

ya i accept with Seymour Butts.It shows bright with bold fonts.easy to identify the mistake.Make a note on this issue and correct as soon as possible.Other than your site has professional look(design and layout).thanks.
  • BillSmith

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for guys above
  • Excited-Dave
  • Excited-Dave

Post 3+ Months Ago

BillSmith wrote:
Hi. Can you please review my site? Laptop Batteries

I reviewed your site and happy to see that it has many quality batteries i also need a fujitsu laptop battery because mine is almost out of order :(
  • monsieur_le_christophe
  • Student
  • Student
  • monsieur_le_christophe
  • Loc: Wales, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the site is really great - really clean, nicely spaced out, very intuitive.

Certainly looks very professional.

There are numerous typos/English/grammar problems as mentioned above:

eg

1) Home \ Laptop Batteries \ Battery Search result (you can find every battery for your every need)

2) After performing a search, your input button for another search says: "Search your Seek"

3) The top navigation bar's first button is Laptops Battery - should presumably be Laptop Batteries

And many others.

The sitemap links at the bottom have a CSS problem - when hovering over them the font changes to bold and moves the text around.

There are many English errors to be addressed, but the donkey work is def done ie the site itself is great!
  • nadim00786
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • nadim00786

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes very nice sharing but how can i post my site for review it consider like spamming on this forum or not....
  • monsieur_le_christophe
  • Student
  • Student
  • monsieur_le_christophe
  • Loc: Wales, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nadim, you must review 3 other peoples websites first, then people will review yours.
  • makemylink_1
  • Born
  • Born
  • makemylink_1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site is well designed. Being a shopping site the most important is gain trust and that is only possible you can put testimonial of your clients on your homepage. Take out some area and post some testimonials.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

first, I disagree with makemylink_1, it's not necessary to post testimonials on your homepage. I do agree with the others that it's a professional looking site, and that there are grammatical errors throughout. Those are easily fixed though.

I have a couple suggestions:

The "Laptop Battery Talk: Review Our Blog" graphic next to the banner doesn't fit in with the rest of the site and looks somewhat cheap. Replace it with something more congruent with the rest of the sites theme.

After clicking on one of the brands in your navigation bar, the user is bombarded with a huge list of links to different series, model, part number, etc. of laptops by that brand. Why not make this an interface? A form with dropdown lists? Something a bit less overwhelming.

In the footer your "Cantact Us" link reads "Give us a message," this is a bit confusing to the user who won't know whether that's a questions, comments, testimony, chit chat, help, or what have you sort of message. This is why most websites simply say "Contact Us"

For a site with a large database of products, ordering, shipping, searching, etc. etc. I confused as to why there is no FAQ. It'd be really useful to customers to be able to look up details on these processes quickly.

The "Low Price Guarantee" header in the right side on the homepage is hard to read against the orange background. Try using either a different color font, or different shade background.
  • chrisinbc
  • Student
  • Student
  • chrisinbc
  • Loc: Victoria, BC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice, clean design - very professional. I see your website has been up and running since 2002 - that is a long time in Internet years. You must be doing something right. You are selling something that there is certainly a demand for - everyone needs laptop batteries at one time or another. I just wonder why you are asking for a website review after having your website up and running for 7 years. Is it a new design? Or are you just trying to get more traffic and more sales by posting your site here? Great website anyways.

Chris H.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers