SITE REVIEW: Online Web Programming

• hotmake
  • Born
  • Born
  • hotmake

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

Please review and offer a honest review and how can i improve it.

\\LINK REMOVED
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• akhan360
  • akhan360

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there!

I like the minimalistic approach. Although the colors are subjective, I find them too bland. Your lack of images, and inclusion of 3 large google banner ads detracts from the focus of your website. My first impression is that it looks like a domain name page holder. As a sugestion, when you mention 'code' data in your tutorials, try to put them in a shaded table (like how the forums do it). It'll give a much cleaner look than having text mixed alongside with code.

- Remove at least 1 or 2 banner ads, make sure placement is not intrusive to interface.
- Include images, perhaps create a logo instead of plain text 'Online web programming class'
- About me page? describing maybe the authors of the tutorials or the goal/intent of the website.
- A more exciting color scheme?
- *optional* Seperating text and code within your tutorials by using shaded single-cell tables or div containers.
  • pagebot
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pagebot
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey hotmake,

-Too much ads
-Not enough programming languages/content
-Adding some videos would be a great idea maybe even some downloadable snipets.

Cheers!
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not enough color
Too many Ads
sweet f/a content

Really for you to have a pumping site your going to need min 200 pages of content and honestly it looks like a white page with adds and text with very little imagination on style.

The style u picked is difficult to pull off, but work on it and post up again. Just needs a facelift
  • Chaze
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: WebHost.pro

Post 3+ Months Ago

[quote="hotmake"]Hello,

Please review and offer a honest review and how can i improve it.

I like it but it's really plain, I would add a logo and some sort of mascot or image to make it feel more alive.
  • a4asit
  • Kalkin
  • Graduate
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi hotmake!

I liked your site for its nice and easy approach towards tutorials. But the tutorials are far from complete and you should complete them before actually publishing them on the site (to be any useful to the users).

Also on the home page there is a useless "HOME" flash (or javascript?) link.. I could not understand why would you need one when already on the home page? I guess you should "dim" or deactivate that for the case of home page.

I guess the format of the site is pretty much complete and eye-pleasing. But please do work on the content. Even an ugly website (i CAN give you examples.. but i don't wanna do "ADS" here!) can become popular with a GOOD stack of contents because search engine crawlers and spiders scan contents and not flash designs!

Thanks a lot for reading! :)

regards
asit

p.s. To new users: Friends please do not post ads or referrals in the forum! It is strictly against the rules of Ozzu. Thanks.
  • wulaishiwo
  • wulaishiwo

Post 3+ Months Ago

I visited just now, I think there is too many advice in the homepage, and you should spent some time on desiging, too simple.
  • _primordial
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • _primordial

Post 3+ Months Ago

I tend to agree with the comments about the aesthetic qualities of your website.

1. Try to use relative urls for your links and combine images. You are making unnecessary http requests.

2. When linking to external sites such as wordpress include the attribute rel="nofollow". You are giving away google points.

3. Lastly, it appears to be a wordpress blog(?) and there are many better skins out there.

Good luck.
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello hotmake! Please make sure you follow our website review rules. Unfortunately you broke the first rule:

Quote:
Please review at least three other sites first and give some constructive criticism regarding their site. Posting replies such as "looks good" or "nice site" will not satisfy the requirement. You must give them something to work with whether its positve feedback or negative feedback.

I am locking this thread until you make 3 useful reviews. If you want people to give you good reviews, you have to in turn give 3 good reviews. By good reviews I mean you must tell them how to improve their site, give them suggestions.

Once you write 3 more decent reviews (you can edit your other reviews, or write 3 new ones) you can PM any online moderator and we will unlock this thread and remove my remarks. If you do not make 3 good reviews within 2 days I will remove this entire post.

Please don't take this personal, we only enforce these rules so it's fair to every user and they all get decent reviews on their sites so in turn you can too.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers