SITE REVIEW: Open Source ERP Guru

• osserpguru
  • osserpguru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi fellow webmasters,
I have been running my blog for the last couple of months, working mainly on providing valuable content to my readers, focusing on open source ERP solutions.
My site contains mainly blog posts but also a couple of static pages.
I would appreciate any feedback:
http://opensourceerpguru.com

Also, if you could take a look at the 'Flash Comparator' page (it's a page showing various recorded flash demos of the different solutions) and provide feedback that would be great.
Thank!
Open Source ERP Guru
  • Rabid Dog
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

your link doesn't work. I figured out you had spelt erp wrong but I am not sure how many others will take the time to,.

I see you don't have a review on Compaire which is one of the leading open source ERP platforms
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

The only that i dont like is the amount of text for a homepage, There is a little to much in my opinion.
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

penguin wrote:
The only that i dont like is the amount of text for a homepage, There is a little to much in my opinion.

Well it is a blog.

The color scheme goes well, the organization is very nice. Overall it's a very nice, clean, minimalistic design.

I think I might prefer a little bit more at the top of the page as far as a header or banner goes but what you've done really fits well.

For your div#post I would consider moving the 'What is Business Intelligence header down a bit more from the date of the post because it seems a little cluttered.

I might also separate the columns on the right side of your page a little more as well (the archives section etc.)
  • erpuniversity
  • Born
  • Born
  • erpuniversity

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
Similar initiative is being done for Open Source ERP and related things here http://www.open-source-erp-site.com, your views are most welcome,

Thank you
  • jcwilde1
  • jcwilde1

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think it looks the part. My suggestion would be to try and find something other than google adwords because it may help break the pages up if you have images rather than text ads surrounded by text articles.

Other than that, it took me a little bit to figure out what ERP was, but I am probably not your target audience being a graphic designer.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers