SITE REVIEW: Our Promise Rings

• vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Everyone,

Hopefully my reviews a couple years ago still register. My new site is Our Promise Rings. This site is another area of my family's business and deals with, yes, promise rings.

Looking to see if you find anything confusing or if there is anything that would help you through the process of finding or purchasing a ring. Also, if you could go through the checkout process and see if there is anything confusing through it as well; of course you don't have to buy ;-)

Thanks!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• helmi
  • Born
  • Born
  • helmi
  • Loc: Indonesia

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's nice, I like it.
Moderator Remark: spam link removed
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Man I know I typed up a review for this thread, apparently I forgot to hit the submit button or something. :scratchhead:

User-Agent: Opera/9.63 (X11; Linux x86_64; U; en) Presto/2.1.1

The navigation and sidebars appear quickly, instantly after the initial load, the center content column takes a moment to show up though.

For the most part everything looks like it's in place, if I really nit-pick there's a few pieces of text that drop down under the container a little.
Attachments:
veto.png

The default cursor is being displayed over the black "details" buttons on the index instead of a pointer or hand cursor like buttons and links usually have.

I don't know if it's just certain items, or my browser, but the zoom functionality for items doesn't seem very usefull.
Going from min to max zoom it barely looks like it changed. :scratchhead:

Everything looks easy to find.

The shopping cart is clean and easy to read, though I was a little confused about the "proceed to checkout" and "checkout with paypal" buttons. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to click the pink button and that the Paypal button was a decoration leading to a "benefits of using Paypal" type page, or if I needed to click that Paypal button to checkout with Paypal.
I ended up clicking the pink button, and now see that there's Paypal options in the checkout form.

The checkout form works nice with the AJAX, the "checkout as guest" is really nice.
BTW, you can ignore the abandoned cart for "joebert obert". :)

The LARGE phone number is good, especially with the hours of operation right there with it.
I know I'm not the only one who hates looking up a translation between timezones though, a tiny Javascript that did this comparison for you and displayed a little "currently open" or "currently closed" type icon/sign beside the times might be cool and wouldn't add more than a feathers weight to the page.

And, that's all I got. :D
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the review Joebert. Couple comments:

1/ A buddy noticed the same thing with the dropping down of text in the left hand nav. I will have my developer take a look at that.

2/ The zoom function works, it's just that the pictures are terrible. I finally received a disk of higher quality images last night, which are larger and more detailed. This will allow for the zoom to work the way it should.

3/ I agree with the Paypal issue/confusion. I created a ticket to get this resolved, along with the tax auto-showing up in the cart. Glad you thought the guest checkout was easy. I always worry about that process as it is one of the most important parts.

4/ With the phone number, all I care about is midwesterners, don't have time for those west/east people...jk. Not sure if I wil get to this yes, but it's a good idea that you had.

Thanks!

Veto
  • Smiling Nomad
  • Smiling Nomad

Post 3+ Months Ago

Really like the feel and navigation, though I felt it was a bit too much pink. But given that your target audience is most likely women, it makes a good choice.

Browsed multiple categories with no major issues, though I did have some issue with the “Add to Compare” section. I made my choices on 3 rings that I wanted to compare; it provided the confirmation messages like:
“Product 14kt Gold Love Waits Ring successfully added to compare list”. Unfortunately it never gave me an option to actually compare all 3 choices.

The url looks to not have given me an actual SID, which may be related.
http://www.ourpromiserings.com/true-lov ... s?___SID=U

Once I tried running through the purchasing phase, I noticed that there was no drop down menu for the actual ring size. This allows an increased chance someone may make an error. I.E.: ”Ring Size 32423432 “.

Overall I think the site flows nicely and gets the job done.
  • chris kerr
  • chris kerr

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like the site The pink takes you eye away from some of the bulk each page but i like the theme, pink and black, maybe this could be carried forward and made more obvious with all links in pink and black and boarders/shading?

Your favicon could then match the site too with a pink and black theme, rather then the red box at the moment.

more black though, defo! makes it look very chic and sophisticated.

chris kerr online-gdp

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers