SITE REVIEW: Outdoor Cooking

• The Smoker King
  • The Smoker King
  • Loc: Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello. I have been reading your posts for a while now, and I find the information very useful. Good Work.

I have been building this website for about a month now, and I would like your input.

Outdoor Cooking: Barbeque, Sauces, Mops, Rubs

http://www.thesmokerking.com

Thank you very much.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

This site is a good informative site.

Right now I'm biulding a site about anything. I don't have it hosted yet, but it soon will be (I hope :twisted: ). Great Job!
  • Lord Kai
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dont' like the site at all. Suggestion put things in tables. That will help it look better. Plus its too plan the background is solid white try something textured. I will check back.
  • The Smoker King
  • The Smoker King

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lord Kai wrote:
I dont' like the site at all. Suggestion put things in tables. That will help it look better. Plus its too plan the background is solid white try something textured. I will check back.

Thanks for the input. Everything is in tables. I will try to straighten things up a bit, but I think I am going to keep the background plain. THe people who visit that page will be interested in the information that is provided on the page. I will test the page with different backgrounds, but I am pretty sure I will stick with the white.

Thank you for the reply
  • aimillie
  • aimillie
  • Loc: Largo, FL - USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry I don't like the site, looks and feels too full of commercials and add.
I got dizzy looking at the page.
Is the main menu in the middle, on the right, on the left?
I would left align the menu on the left (not center as is now), boxed them up with a different color table background. The "Welcome to Outdoor Cooking with the Smoker King...." should have bigger font.
Have a "partner link exchange" page and get rid of all the bottom adds on the home page.
I suggest serious reorganization. I hate to say negative things... your site has potential to be great...
  • The Smoker King
  • The Smoker King

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the suggestions. I am working on the menu. I have a link page under the links heading on the menu located on the left side of the page.

Thanks for the help
  • pacsunpunk08
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • pacsunpunk08
  • Loc: Kenosha, WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is way to much stuff going on, but it does have alot of info. about outdoor cooking, it doesn't look professtional at all, everything is everywhere, add links, tables, sections, borders, ect..Hope this helps
  • blackhart
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • blackhart
  • Loc: Hartbeat

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yea i was looking through the site and it kind of looked like one of the first sites i ever made. It is a little unorganized though. I think the white background could work but mabey u should put in some table boarders. Next, u need to make a basic layout for the index cuz it is a mess. Putting all the most of ur links on one page is a good idea, since people didn't really go to your site to see the links. I was kinda confused at first cuz i didn't really understand what it all was. The information you got is good. Im tempted to try a couple out but the design of this site is dredful. Its not thought out. it looks like u just threw stuff on it. without thinking about it.
  • The Smoker King
  • The Smoker King

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you. After the suggestions, I understand more about what everyone is talking about. I have updated the page, and it looks more organized now.

Thanks for the help.
  • BrianR22
  • Born
  • Born
  • BrianR22

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great design, awesome site.
  • blackhart
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • blackhart
  • Loc: Hartbeat

Post 3+ Months Ago

much much better than before.
  • HN Will
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • HN Will

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cool idea, 'grilln.

I'd suggest making those links on the left one line per link. I didn't know if Barbeque Sauce Recipes was 'Barbeque' - 'Sauce' - and 'Recipes' or a combination of those words.

~HN Will

--------------------------------------------
I'm giving away unlimited, free, uniquely categorized, content-specific webspace
to help you drive traffic to your site and/or say anything you want to the world. Check out Helpful Networks
  • Rapt0r
  • Student
  • Student
  • Rapt0r

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok here are just some thoughts I had about it:

First, there are a ton of links on your page, but they don't start until about half-way down your page. Maybe move those up so that people can see more links upon first viewing your page.

Secondly, maybe make the introductory paragraph larger or easier to read. It's kind of small.

Just some of my thoughts :o
  • ktata57
  • Born
  • Born
  • ktata57

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site is loading quickly.

Your site is highly ranked in alexa

I do not see google rank for your site.

May be need to build upon your links directory. You should link with high ranking sites with websites of your website interest.

GOOD LUCK. For example visit http://www.123-homebiz.com
  • Biovolt
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Interesting site!

The text under the heading looks a bit funny 3 long lines and 3 short lines. See if you can’t space it better.

I would also move the search to the bottom or top right because the site is not about searching it’s about cooking.

The tables also must be the same colour than the back ground.
  • Class
  • Loc: Hungary

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, interentig site about 'outdoor cooking'! :)

As i browed it i recognized that you have 'homemade' textimages, so it could be great if you make some better looking texts. Maybe photoshop will be a good idea, but if you are not so familiar with it, then Xara Webstyle 3 or 4. That's easy to use and make good looking texts or even navigation bars, or something like that. *I use Xara too.....*

Have a niceday...
  • ad0beaddict
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

that looks like a website from the 90's dude so plain looks tasty tho

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers