SITE REVIEW: Outwar Uncut

• sc@rface
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey this site orrigionally started out as a forum to substitute for the outwar forums becuease we didnt like how things were ran there, then the forum soon became Xspork forum forums of http://www.xspork.com another excelant site, and i took over the name and made a place so people could advertise their outwar product, then i put tips and free downloads, etc, etc......anyway tell me what you think

http://outwaruncut.tk
  • Kevin Doan
  • Kevin Doan

Post 3+ Months Ago

This site is good for the outwar players and nothing more. If you do not play outwar, then this site is useless.
  • She God
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: California (Land Of The Cackling Sun)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Flashing Animations? Nooooo,

Heh, sorry, It’s not *that* bad, it’s just on the main page, and it’s giving not me seizures. I just like to keep all my flashy stuff on links, so when it tortures people, it’s their own fault. Muwhaha

Anyhow I notice the spork site has a much nicer look. Maybe you can sort of base your new layout more like your older one.? First of all spork has a much more organized look, everything (almost) matches. Your other site as pretty much everything mashed up in the middle, centered and unorganized.

Many for your banner try just keeping it a solid gray, might smooth out the top a bit. Your menus are a little bit harsh as well, and start to separate with a larger resolution. Maybe play with the setting so it looks like one bar no matter what your res is.

Maybe use more tables to keep things cleaner. And put cell padding in them, the tables you do have make it look like the text is squished to the to (in the table just put cellpadding="4"> or something like it. Play around a bit,)

Hope this helps.

And Kevin, your post sounded a little silly. It's like saying ebay is only good for people who want to sell and trade stuff, and that it's a useless site for everyone else. I mean there's no website that will cater to ALL needs.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

She God wrote:
And Kevin, your post sounded a little silly. It's like saying ebay is only good for people who want to sell and trade stuff, and that it's a useless site for everyone else.
good point She God.

Kevin Doan - please try to keep your reviews on a more useful level. We
need the posts to give feedback that the author can use to improve
their site.
  • dr nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • dr nick
  • Loc: Frankfurt

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would also agree against the flashy animations.

I don't mean to focus on the negatives, but criticism will probably help you more than praise in the long run...I didn't really like the "vote for my page" stuff that was a little in my face. If I've only just landed on your page, I want to be able to read stuff about what the page offers first, and not be asked to vote for a page I don't really know anything about. So...its probably better to put the "vote for me" part somewhere more subtle, so that those people who really do like your site will most likely find it and then cast their vote. Do you see what I mean?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers