SITE REVIEW: PADA

• neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol, don't laugh :P
we started the association before the movie hit, we're even sanctioned :D
anyways, none of that really matters, hows the site look? its not open yet, otherwise their would be teams. advertising will start on the 21st i believe, at which point the Blah blah blah on the left will be converted to a calender based schedule for the the teams to check when they play (unless anybodies got any comments on what to put there?) basically just want feedback on the design/accessibility/all that other jazz. register if you want to (its not a long process), but ill be deleting them probly in a week or two so only actual players will be on the site.

anyways, the site
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

*cough*
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its got a pretty good feel to it. The color scheme is ok but I don't care for some of the typefaces used. "Latest News" in particular. I would consider a different typeface as well for the buttons which could use some rollovers to make it a bit more interesting...the site looks nice but its rather static.

All in all...well done.
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

i was going for a type of...energetic...fast paced font. i thought it fit the theme nicely heh. its the same font used in the logo, anybody else feel this way?
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

40 views and only 1 reply?
  • Rabid Dog
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice clean layout but I don't think it is effective for a high paced or sport orientated site. You might look at adding a slightly more human side to the site, after all it is aimed at uniting people.

I would try making it a little warmer. I would probably fail though because I am an over worked underpaid sociopath who does nothing but try and figure out better ways to do things that other people have done already (or haven't even thought of doing)
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, it will be more personalized once the season starts. its hard to make it friendly when theres no friends yet :(
  • Rabid Dog
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Aaaaahhhhh shame. ;)

Don't worry about it I'll sign up (doubt I will be able to play though)
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

hahaha
ya, kinda doubtful :D
hmm that reminds me, i have to start putting flyers up on monday :S
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

alrighty then...
  • uknightuss
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • uknightuss
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the red on white color scheme alot, and I like the fine lines that go down both sides of the center column. Those lines make it look like the main part of the page is beveled, or sort of a drop shadowy look, it's nice.

My suggestion is about the text fields that you have in place, it would be nice if when per say I clicked in the "Name" field, that the text "name" would automatically dissapear so that I didn't end up with something like "namerichard" on accident. :)

I haven't messed with dynamic text fields very much, only enough to be dangerous. I'm not sure how this effect that I suggest is achieved.. I'm quite sure it's easy to find out with good'old google!

By the way, did you see what I wrote about Drizzt in that other thread - [Dead Link] ?

http://www.rkart.us
  • Roxy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

i really like the layout i think it is good, i dont care for the the logo in the middle the reds dont match each other with the rest of the site, i think it could spiced up more in photoshop adding some dodgeball pics or something and a better font.
  • Snerdey
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm, I think I would flash the logo in the top area and show what the site is all about. Have some people thowing balls or something. Gotta get and keep peoples attention. You only have about 10 sec's or less.

I think your going to do well with it. Just need to promote the message a little more.
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

aww nobody likes the font. and to think i thought it was fast paced lol
  • TheRasher
  • TheRasher

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the general layout. It's simple, yet effective and uncluttered. I'm not a big fan of the logo, but that's not really a major detail. Overall, I'm impressed by the layout.
  • Mr Smith
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Mr Smith
  • Loc: Birmingham, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

neksus,

overall i like it. the only coupla things i would say is:

1. maybe add a mouseover effect on those menu buttons at the top,
2. the banner could maybe if poss do with being alittle smaller, it does take up quite a bit of room before you get to the content
  • Kevins_Kevlar
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Bc, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ya I am not a huge fan of the logo but great site navigation

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers