SITE REVIEW: PageRank Checker

• Blotch
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Blotch

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everyone,

I just finished up my new design for http://www.prchecker.net. I've added a new tool (the future PageRank checker) and I'm currently working on another. I would appreciate any comments or suggestions you may have.

Regards,
Nick
  • biossss
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Latvia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Friendly colors (I hink so), I dislike that top menu, because of that rollover bold text, beter change text color but nut text weight!
Those bullet icons may look better!

But about that chekers: I don't belive this kind of site chekers, the information thay show, I think, is not true! People just want to make some site population with that banners, who are printed out when site is chaked! (But maybe I'm wrong)

Here is another one : http://www.silktide.com/tools/sitescore
  • mlocklear
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mlocklear

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the colors; great layout!

There are few things I think you should consider...

-putting the copyright at the bottom
-organization (possibly making the text bold of the tab you're on, including Home; possibly making a separate page for Tools, like you did Articles)
  • Blotch
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Blotch

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for the suggestions, I'll take them into consideration :)

biossss - I'm not sure why you would think the PageRank tool doesn't work? It gets the PR value from the toolbar, so I don't see how it would be wrong.
  • biossss
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Latvia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just don't belive that kind of things (nothing personal), I think that people who make thing like this just hopes to get more users tu ther sites!

Ok there are some things that people can use, but thay are pretty few...

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't belive them (except W3C), other people dont belive in god, I dont belive in this ;)

Peace!
  • Elite Skills
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Elite Skills

Post 3+ Months Ago

Neat but not seeing the points. There's plenty of sites out there with a list of ranking/page rank/track back sites.

web ceo is a pretty decent software too.

The page is very clean and good. The list of directories is pretty useful also. I wouldnt rely on the power of this page to be just in the pagerank system.
  • atDesign
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • atDesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

First, the copyright should definitely be on the bottom. It just doesn't fit in at the top (since it isn't your most important content, I hope). You may want to look at this site to see where most site place their navigation, logos, etc.

Beside the strange layout of the stuff, and the fact that the logo of your site isn't displayed very prominently, it looks good. The color scheme is nice, and the navigation is clean and simple.

EDIT: I'm not sure how your future PR tools work. It says my current PageRank is between 7 and 9, when really it is 0. :roll: It also says that it will be 10 in the future.
  • samp
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • samp

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like it, got my attention right away, colours are nice, the nav took a second to find but i like you site

well done
  • Blotch
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Blotch

Post 3+ Months Ago

Elite Skills - Yes, I know there are plenty other sites similar to mine. But I've done plenty of promotion and have some decent search engine positions. I get a steady stream of 500+ unique visitors per day and growing so I'm really not too concerned with other sites. My traffic may not be much compared to some of my competitors, but it's growing and fine by me.

atDesign - Can you please tell me your website's URL so I can try to sort the problem out? The future PageRank tool is the one tool which wasn't developed by me so it makes me worried that there's a bug in it.

Thanks for the reviews everybody!
  • darkstar_tfd
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • darkstar_tfd

Post 3+ Months Ago

It`s a nice site, nice colors , I like the menu` but i don`t know why it seems so familliar...think I saw it on another site...or maybe somthing similar.

Good luck
  • Randoman
  • Born
  • Born
  • Randoman

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks very cool to me!
  • pspdownloads
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • pspdownloads

Post 3+ Months Ago

your site is very professional.
it has cool corlors and inviting appearance
but still the copyright sign is there at the top.
better to have some left margin.
  • wwwben
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • wwwben

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice .. very usefull .. i even bookmarked it. design is good and the site actually serves a purpose other than to sell somthing! ..Nice
  • goldox
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • goldox

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cool, I bookmarked it. I only want to know how your future PR tools work.
  • TLP
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • TLP
  • Loc: San Diego, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like the sites simplicity. I still don't know how it can predict future pagerank though, since algorythems are forever changing.
  • Huntz
  • Huntz

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like your simple design but dont you think the links and buttons should be on the left hand side? Also some nice images on the home page perhaps a top banner with a company logo and some text. You should also remove your copyright logo from the top to the bottom. How about more text on what page rank is, for the total newbies or people of a lesser intelligence. I'd have to rate it five out of ten but can see a seven or eight with work. Thanks
  • see1ad
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The colors doesn't pull me right away, maybe something brighter. Yes, the copyright thing should be at the bottom. You are the first to put that at the top. You need to place some menus or graphics to the left to balance the menu on the right. And you need to place something at the bottom of the page. It seems missing. Otherwise, it's very professional.
  • cubechris
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Gloucester, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Really nice simple design which flows really well!

But the only problem is, the pagerank predicotr is not obvious enough, why not just have it on the frontpage, as thats what people are there for, dont make people look for it, just give them what they want, and by judging your domain, they want there PR checked! ;)

Lovely design, keep the style going!
Nice work
  • KayGreen
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • KayGreen
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's easy to use. I'm not mad about the colours, but no big problem. Speaking as a newbie in seo, I wonder whether all these things work, though. Assuming they do, would it be an idea to have the hows and the evidence quickly visible for sceptics?
  • Patrick
  • Patrick

Post 3+ Months Ago

Handy site. But could use some explanations. An FAQ page would be handy.

Couldn't understand how the Future PR tool worked. Told me that all my PRs would fall from 5 to 0 :(

The Directory List is a great idea. Will definately use that.

I would suggest putting your navigation bar on the LHS as opposed to the RHS for ease of use. And a banner or image at the top would be nice.
  • mabdr2
  • Student
  • Student
  • mabdr2

Post 3+ Months Ago

what i don't understand is how a predictor is measured?

where does the code point?
  • UM_manager
  • UM_manager

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good, really good.

Probably, a "hot" PageRank Checker tool on the homepage can be a good idea..

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 22 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers