SITE REVIEW: Paint The Sky Yellow

• Katya
  • Katya

Post 3+ Months Ago

My website, http://www.katyasarria.wordpress.com, is a website dedicated to the environment, where I discuss current issues/events that are affecting the environment, or some problems that need to be brought to attention. I also showcase up-and-coming artists who use their talent to send eco-friendly messages.

My website is on wordpress, so I can only choose from the themes they have and cannot make any adjustments to it. So besides that, check it out and tell me what you think, content-wise, sidebar, and such. If you have any ideas for me to incorporate in my website, go for it.

* You critique mine properly and I critique yours properly as well(:
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

First thing I'm expecting when visiting a site called "Paint the Sky Yellow" is, well, some yellow in the theme. No yellow popped out at me when I first visited, and because of this, I'm less likely to remember the site in the future. Connecting the name with the theme will make it easier for repeat visitors to find you in the future.

Having said that, I do like the theme you've chosen, but the header definitely needs to stand out more. As pleasant as the theme is, the dull, plain header text makes it seem dreary and dark (in a mood sense).

Everything else is pretty typical of a Wordpress theme; not much to elaborate on. It's nice to see a unique blog with some content actually worth reading, so I'd say you're off to a great start :)
  • Katya
  • Katya

Post 3+ Months Ago

I totally agree with what you've said(:

I'll try to add something yellow. The header I can't change because I'm not allowed to change the coding.

Thanks for reviewing my site
  • seularts
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Perhaps you can paint the sky blue. But if you can make a logo, please try, because the text up there isn't making to much commotion about what your site represents. I like the rest, rely touchy :)
  • Katya
  • Katya

Post 3+ Months Ago

Paint the sky blue when it's already blue?(: haha. I can't change the text up there,sadly, since my website is hosted on wordpress so I have to use their themes. But I'll trying to see which theme gives me more flexibility design wise. Thanks!
  • seularts
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

By the way, I'm a web designer, if you need some work done on a website, PM me. If you have a domain I can host it for your on my web server for 10Euro per month including maintenance. And I can make you a nice wordpress to go along with yellow:) for free, because i want to expand my portfolio a bit. My website is not yet ready, but you can have a look: http://seularts.info/

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers