SITE REVIEW: Paintball Madness

• Cobnobl
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok the link is http://www.pbmadness.com and the forum link is http://www.pbmadness.com/forum. please, if you can, rate both i need to know if im on the right track. btw i havnt finished plugging in all the info on some pages
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Maedhros
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Durham, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm... it's good! There are a few things that I think could be better though...

The site:
    • You might want to do some more text-formatting with your news posts, so that you can more easily distinguish between the subject and date, and the actual content.

The forum:
    • I think it would be better to have the same logo for your forum and your site, and probably the same colour scheme as well.
    • The orange background is mostly ok, on the index page, but it becomes very distracting in smaller forums like Paintball Madness.
    • The white text on the grey background in your index page is quite challenging to read - you should probably go for some colours that contrast more.
  • Cobnobl
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

thank you, there are differnt skins btw, two of which have the same logo
  • CWilson04
  • CWilson04

Post 3+ Months Ago

The website looks nice although it seems like you reduce the quality of the images to reduce the size of them or it could just be my dirty computer screen lol. You did a very good job with the site colors.
  • FatMouth
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks good. I would make the menu bar at the top a little bigger. Or move it down to draw more attention to it. People typically don't look at the very top of the screen. You could try moving it under the logo.

Also, I would underline the links to the states on 'fields.html'.

Try adding thin borders around the images (ie, '1.jpg').

Good luck!
  • Cobnobl
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for being very precise
  • Stalin_q8
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Kuwait

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its really cool but go check out http://www.paintballkuwait.com/ .. ur site's design is much better than that one but you could have a look at that site you might get some ideas from the tips or other stuff in the site .. but your site really rocks
  • calebtheredwood
  • Loc: Wisconsin USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cobnobl,
Nice layout and easy navigation.

The only beef I have with the site is, you need to offer other player options on your media page. Some of us hate real player :evil:

Thank you for contributing to the paintball world!
  • Redcell
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Loveland, Colorado

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wasn't aware that there were so many paintballers on this forum. This place just keeps getting better and better! :D

The site looks great! I think that you did a great job capturing the pb sub culture in the design of the site. I also second the idea about having the website and forum match, so that you get the logo (name) recognition!
Nice site!
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very impressive site. I love the colour scheme that you have and the logo is top knotch. I particularly like your template as i feel that the fact the template is centered on the page and quite compact it makes the site easier to view for most web browsers.

I actually really like that site, i wasnt expecting it to look as fine as it is...no offence meant. It does look quite good.

I do have one suggestion though, the grey text on the red in a way gives me a headache. Its not as easy to read.

But i have to give you credit, its a good site.
  • adhoc
  • Born
  • Born
  • adhoc

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

Endless a goog site :)

regards
  • elrayjones
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Texas,Wise Co

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good all around site. you might want to start another theme with different color scheme for uesrs. some people have hard time with red background because of eye strain(like me).
  • Rule-of-Three
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Rule-of-Three

Post 3+ Months Ago

Colors are very nice, but needs some fiting such as that paintballmadness logo on your site. That must be with other color that fits to your theme and it is beter to do to gif format because jpg is not for these kind of low color including logos. In optimised gif format it looks more fine and it takes smaller file size.

Links ar too small in my opinion.

Photos look fine.. in fast review
  • missingbtvs
  • Born
  • Born
  • missingbtvs

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the site. The red is a little difficult on my eyes, but It is great otherwise. I like the logo! Great job.
  • Jemdam.com
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I chose to review this one due to the name. I was hoping for some video clips and I found plenty, great stuff.

The layout is nice and sharp. The fonts are a little small but I do have a sony T1 which doesn't help!

Good Luck,

David - http://www.jemdam.com
  • Spogg
  • Spogg
  • Loc: Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the site would look nicer if you compress the title image as a gif, it would be much sharper that way. Also the color scheme does not do it for me, maybe a little clearer colors? I like the way you have added photos to the layout, but the bottom one might look better in as more of a close up.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers