SITE REVIEW: Part.lt - Free Images Hosting!

• DB92
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • DB92

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everybody. I'm a new member in this forum and I came here to show you my first website.
It is called http://www.Part.lt. Basically it is simple to use and fast images hosting.
It allows these file types:
.gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .bmp, .swf
Maximum file size is 6MB.
It is in lithuanian, but at the bottom there is english option :)
So please write what do you think and tell me if I could improve something.
Thanks ! :)
http://www.Part.lt
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• sales-offers
  • sales-offers
  • Loc: Italy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks great- simple, neat, clear and fun. Keep up good work!
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree.. the site looks really nice. Cool color scheme and nicely laid out. One thing I noticed, though is that the English version could use a couple of corrections:

"Images Hosting" should be "Image Hosting"

and

"Easy like smell of fresh air" should be "Easy like the smell of fresh air"

Also, how are you uploading the images? I'm not that good with server-side stuff, but there didn't seem to be any code there to make it work?

-jameson
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

jameson5555 wrote:
Also, how are you uploading the images? I'm not that good with server-side stuff, but there didn't seem to be any code there to make it work?

What do you mean "no code"? :D

Its probably in PHP, and when it is decoded and viewed, you can't see PHP in the source. If you could that means there is a problem and the server can't decode the PHP.

Anyway, great idea for a website, although from experience, I had really hard time,, when making an image, making it below 10mb. And that is at least. Most images I made varied somewhere from 30bm-200mb. Maybe increase the limit to at least 10mb? Just a suggestion, although your site would work for avatars and all that. And also, is the hosting limited? If so, how long does the image stay on the web?
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:
What do you mean "no code"? :D

Its probably in PHP, and when it is decoded and viewed, you can't see PHP in the source. If you could that means there is a problem and the server can't decode the PHP.

Ah, that's right.. I forgot about that. I'm kind of new to PHP. I wish there was a way to look at it.. I have a potential client that wants to do this same kind of image upload on his site.
  • yowtrip
  • yowtrip

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice, clean design.

One little issue: I uploaded one image, then I click to "download it" and it opened my image on the same window, so to go back to see the links I had to resubmit the form. Two possible solutions: (1) have the form_handler.php (script that actually dos the upload) separate the the confirmation page (indexen.php), or (2) Have the download link open a new window.

Good luck!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers