SITE REVIEW: pbmarket

• Moses08
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Moses08

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I'm looking for feedback on my website. Currently it is just a layout, tell me what you think, positives and negatives. Any ideas to improve would be greatly appreciated.

NOTE: Tripod is just a temporary host, I'm not going to get paid hosting until I am done development.

http://pbmarket.tripod.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• DR01D
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

i know its in early stages but it would be good to see a bit more work done before posting, theres not really anything to look at, none of the links work and looks like a cart app straight out of the box.

i had a quick look on the net and found http://www.xtremez.com/paintball/default.asp

im not sure what you have planned for the site but take a look at this site and see what they have done. :-)
  • Moses08
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Moses08

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just getting a preliminary report. I'm fairly new as far as constructing web sites goes and I'm not sure how compatatible my website will be with other browsers (I know it doesn't look right with Mozilla). I want to make sure everything is working correctly before I continue on in development.

My page is going to serve a couple functions: promote good deals from other paintball websites, host a classifieds section, and also have a forum. Other features may be added later.

I am mostly looking for aesthetic comments at this point. Does anybody have any ideas on improving the navigation bar to make it look more appealing. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for the comments DR01D.
  • DR01D
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

no probs ;-)

hmmm for the homepage, maybe go for the 3 column approach this will allow you to be more flexible in future when the site grows with content.
so a general idea would be nav on the left column, specials/content in the middle and some other stuff on the right column like latest forum topics, etc. i would also get a really nice banner done up with some nice paintball gfx/imagery.

there are some great portal/cms engines around that are very easy to setup, one im using at the moment is http://www.mamboserver.com its great.
  • DR01D
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

couldnt help myself, just spent 5 mins mocking this up, might give you some ideas ;-) if ya want the originial let me know.

hmmm no upload facility. whats ur email ill send it to ya ;-)
  • Moses08
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Moses08

Post 3+ Months Ago

moses08@hotmail.com

Thanks for your help! :D
  • DR01D
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

done...

im off to a design conference in sydney, back in a few days. hope all goes well ;-)
  • a1nerd23m
  • a1nerd23m
  • Loc: san diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

You may want to develop your website with cubecart.
  • Sonire
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Sonire

Post 3+ Months Ago

the layout looks good...but perhaps you should add more to do. And if Tripod is just a tempoary host, perhaps you should just wait to finish it on whatever host you plan to stick with. Anywho, good job.
  • gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Nippon

Post 3+ Months Ago

DR01D wrote:
i know its in early stages but it would be good to see a bit more work done before posting, theres not really anything to look at, none of the links work and looks like a cart app straight out of the box.

What are you talking about?! There's plenty of content!

Quote:
The Angel 4 Fly is blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahThe Angel 4 Fly is blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahThe Angel 4 Fly is blah blah blah

:lol:
  • rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

Paint Ball is an adventure game!
So you may redesign whole of the site!
It doesnt give me adventural feelings. It is too simple!
Maybe you have to use more dark colours with some pics of the Paint Ball games...
  • DR01D
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

haha gsv2, easy to understand if you are a simpson ;-)

moses howd you go with the mockup???

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers