SITE REVIEW: *peach*.com Lawsuits

• Mall23
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

(edit) the profanity filtered out the site name in the post title...it's f-u-c-k-e-d-s-u-i-t.com (w/o the dashes)...or you can get to it from http://www.bogussuit.com I guess... (/edit)

It's a site about all the screwy lawsuits going on...100% opinions. I made it so users could register and vote (or "bet") on the outcome of the lawsuits by voting for either the defendant or plaintiff...there's a top winners/loosers link in the top nav.

Good? Bad? Ideas? The AJAX should work in FireFox, but I'm not sure about Safari.

My only beef so far is the logo -- I'm not much of a logo artist, if anyone has ideas for a logo, I'm all ears!

I'm also thinking of adding email notifications of new lawsuits for companies...or email notices about a win/loss of a case.

Thanks!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

The articles on your website are highly amusing, a great read however the biggest problem facing your website os probably the URL itself :!: Although it's still available in Google (... for the time being ...)

Assuming the articles are updated on a regular basis i'll probably pop back to catch up on the latest lawsuits :lol: If you want a cheap half decent flash banner PM me.
  • Mall23
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Prime wrote:
Hi,

The articles on your website are highly amusing, a great read however the biggest problem facing your website os probably the URL itself :!: Although it's still available in Google (... for the time being ...)

Assuming the articles are updated on a regular basis i'll probably pop back to catch up on the latest lawsuits :lol: If you want a cheap half decent flash banner PM me.

Cool.

I hope Google doesn't remove the url! F-u-c-k-e-d-c-o-m-p-a-n-y.com is still in there...so...? But I put up that bogussuit.com specifically (at the top of each article is a "Friendly" link) so people could post links to articles w/o worrying about getting messed up with profanity filters and such.

And, cool. Thanks for the offer. If the site does well, I might take you up on it!
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

*cackle* Nice one, I digg this site. Nothing to do with your content, but my favourite bit thus far is that little bar you have between the header and the navbar, which lets one add your site to probably every social bookmarking site under the sun. Brilliant!

Nitpicks:
- "attorneys" instead of "attornies"
- "everyone's" instead of "everyones"

As one of the many thousands who watched the drama of their own place of employment unfold on f'dcompany.com, I wish you good luck with your site. =]

- Gita
  • atomic17
  • atomic17
  • Loc: NYC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great idea and some entertaining articles. The url you have picked takes away from any legitimacy your site may be looking to have. It will also get your site blocked on many filters. The site has a good look and feel. Correct some misspellings "attornies to attorneys"

One other thing, I like the bar for submitting your site to bookmarking sites, but I am not sure why your need to have some of the sites twice? you have furl, digg it del.icio.us on your header and in the like bar. I would almost think it would look better if you moved that bar to the bottom of the page. Best of luck with the site
  • rockafromhell
  • Student
  • Student
  • rockafromhell
  • Loc: Erie,Pa

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeh i read through alot of articles they actually kep me on the site i liked the site name so i went their then the articles kept me their longer nice site
  • Mall23
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey thanks all for your input and support!

I have to admit my spelling isn't so hot and I use my spell-checker a lot...apparently not enough! :)

I think you're right about duplicating the links...the ones in the top nav in text were the first ones I put up, the icons came later...i'll remove the dupes at the top.

I "stole" the idea for the bar from another blog that had them all in a box...the bar works much better imo. You can "steal" it too if you like!

I'm considering mirroring the whole site on the bogussuit.com (they're both on the same box, so it wouldn't be hard)...but I'd like to see how the current url works -- at least for a bit.
  • Mall23
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got some additional feedback from other boards, and a lot of people are agreeing with you...so I made BogusSuit.com a mirror...w/o the cuss word anywhere on the site.

So, now there is a more "family friendly" site, and the "other" one.
  • Mall23
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just finished making some t-shirts (CafePress) for it. They say: "I filed for my million$ at *peach*.com"
(but w/ the real url, of course)

I'm thinking of doing them for BogusSuit.com too...maybe...or a version with "F***edSuit.com". I don't know.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers