SITE REVIEW: People In Canada

• venom
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

SITE REVIEW: P-I-C REVIEW

Let me know what you think i new to webdesign and would like some input on what you think.

For a preview of my site <a target="_blank" href="http://s90519659.onlinehome.us">CLICK HERE </a>
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SpiderWeb
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • SpiderWeb
  • Loc: Quebec, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

your page changed in the last day ... and really ... you are on the good way ... ( only my opinion .. )

here's few suggestions :

its a bit confusing.... if you want to keep that red back ground ... change the center... where your content is... I think the best way to achieve that is :

Put some grey into the background of your boxes ... this way , your content will be readable ( look below... grey is your content ) you can keep the red background around the content.... but keep the content boxes darker

red red grey grey red red

Try to keep the same colors for your designs...... the blue thing contrast with the rest... ( ie .. grey, red black yellow... ) that's it

what else....
The banner on top ... try to make it the size of your content below..
this way , it will look better.

this is only a constructive review... take this as you want.
I hope it helps....

btw Canada rules :) i am from Quebec ;)
  • gba_m
  • Student
  • Student
  • gba_m

Post 3+ Months Ago

the red background should be replaced by something else (it looks confusing on what it's trying to show).

some pages like the p-i-c store and the downloads sections does not have the same theme as the homepage which is a negative thing

the blue logo should be renovated. maybe change the color to red and white and change the fonts. i like the logo in the guestbook section better than the frontpage.
  • Nova00
  • Nova00

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey nice job on your web
lotta work done but i just have to comment on your colorsceme though.
Seems the background is distracting. but dont let this discourage you with a couple minor changes your site could be awsome
  • Dragon
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK I see you've worked real hard on ur cite but you can steel improve it a lot more. Lets start with the banner..
:arrow: If you are using a Back+red background, you don't want a banner that is totally different to the color that goes with the cite. If you had the banner closed in some surd of decoration, it would be aight but you have your header just standing right there so you might want to check out the color. If you need help with that PM me and We'll figure out something.
:arrow: "Welcome to People In Canada" in blue is hard to read with a dark red and black background, you if look at it it makes your eyes hurt, and hard to read. Again you are having a huge variation of color wich is not bad but sometimes can damage the way your cite looks.
:arrow: You have your news title in this case ":: website News :: " in gray and the news in white. In this case the next of the news is jumping out more than the text of the tile of the news. That should be totally opposite, You might want to use a color that will have a better constract within the background. Here we go with colors again.
:arrow: You've been using text for all of your bottons but in the :: Top Links :: section. Don't change the patter of your webcite you eider go with one or the other.
:arrow: Your :: Shout Box :: bg color "blue" again needs to get something close to the background color so it wont be jumping out. Same as the poll section, bid variety of colors.
:arrow: the scroll bar color not bad but think, what's the color you are mostly using at the cite??? Think about the constract of the cite.

I personally think that hark background colors in webcites sometimes damage the appearance of the cite, but if you perfectionate your work you'll do well.

Any of the comment on this post are in order to help ya improve your work in my personal point of view. If you have a different opinion as mine you are free to share.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

woah.

very busy site you have there!

:arrow: it doesnt load well in 800x600 and the user has to scroll across to read the site

:arrow: the banner at the top would look better centre aligned.

otherwise not much else looks wrong to me ! :)
  • RyTRiX
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have 2 suggestions.

:arrow: Create a banner for the header that goes all the way across the cell.

:arrow: Make the google box at the bottom blend in with the background.

Other than that good job.
  • TITOPAC2
  • Born
  • Born
  • TITOPAC2

Post 3+ Months Ago

i don't know how i feel about the green menu...site looks okay though
  • tabish
  • tabish
  • Loc: india

Post 3+ Months Ago

i feel like killing myself whenever i see horizontal scroll bar. That is not programer's fault but i am a bit crazy about aligntment. please forgive me.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers