SITE REVIEW: People's Forum Punjab

• sharanbrar
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Punjab (India)

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have redesigned the site peoplesforumpunjab.org. I have tried to design this site using CSS.

here is the old site : http://www.peoplesforumpunjab.org
and here is the new design : http://www.peoplesforumpunjab.org/pfnew

Please review this site. Is the new design better ?

Any suggestion regarding looks, content etc. are welcome.
If you can suggest anything about the banner it would be great, because i think it still needs some work.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

The new layout looks like a good improvment.

What i think makes it better than your old layout is the index look less cluttered, it makes it easier to read and navigate.

It also looks like you have organised the content better, which is always good.

I cant think of anything to suggest for improving look of it, i liked it. Clean design and easy to navigate.
  • farmer_Tom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • farmer_Tom
  • Loc: Oaklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

The old design wasn't bad but the new one is really nice: it's centered and the text is less crowded although there is still a lot happening on the homepage. You should improve the photo gallery by showing a picture from each album next to the link. Also consider using a javascript calender for you events page to sum up the dates nicely. Overall, this is a marked improvement from the first draft and I think you'll do very well.
  • musicbiz
  • musicbiz

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site navigation is allright , bit i think that the green is to light , try to make it a litlle bit darker.
  • megri
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Chandigarh India

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like your site I am from chandigarh Do some SEO Work. We did on http://www.chandigarhcity.com
  • megri
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Chandigarh India

Post 3+ Months Ago

sharanbrar Get your site listed at http://www.ipunjab.com I will approve I am admin
  • sharanbrar
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the all the suggestions and appreciation guys.

Thanks Tom for the suggestion of adding thumbnails to the photogallery page. I was also thinking that it is looking a little dull.

I will also reconsider the background color of banner as suggested by music biz.

Thanks again.

Any more inputs ?
  • sharanbrar
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have replaced the old design with the new one on the website. So Now please review only

http://www.peoplesforumpunjab.org

You won't be able to see the old design.
  • lara84
  • Born
  • Born
  • lara84

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Sharanbra ,
its nice compare to old one but you have to some graphical things in it ,it will much more attractive to your site ,and its help full to visitors to spend long time in your site,,,,,,,,
-----------------------------
Lara

sreevysh corp
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

my DNS is completely pooped else you just reviewed a 3-year old thread on a domain that no longer exists...

is my DNS pooped?
  • clipshore
  • Born
  • Born
  • clipshore

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think after reviewing both the sites i couldn't find any difference among them. I think it's a kind of site which needs more stuff for recognition by members.

with thanks

Online Dating
  • locust
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Austin, TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sure, it's good from the stand point of a web developer, and is very functional, designed and engineered well.

Now, as a designer, it's just not very exciting or engaging at all. So, I would at least get some sort of photo on the banner page.

Since it's a site about punjabi or India, I'd think the colors of the Indian flag might be appropriate, or something that relates to the country and nationalism of the place.

For example, it I had a site for 'Meet Texas Girls', I'd have some pics of Texas, maybe the Texas flag, or have colors of red, white and blue.

If it were me, I'd have colors, images and fonts that communicate that this site is about India.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers