SITE REVIEW: PhatGalaxy.com

• phatgalaxy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • phatgalaxy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys.. Been a webmaster for years now its time for me to try and make some cash with it. My buddy and I have been working on this site since April and we just now officially launched it..

PhatGalaxy.com offers an online community were teens can post pictures, make profiles, make friends, rate/comment eachother, and search for other users using many different forms of search criteria..
I have done some SEO work (this being my first time) so Im not too confident yet.. Please take a took. Tell me what ya think. Id also appreciate some thoughts on my SEO. Thanks!

I present to you http://www.phatgalaxy.com Enjoy
  • SycomCOmp
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok I dont know how long you've been a webmaster but this is a very unattractive page... Your target audience is teens and a fun community to come together and sign up. I would definitely add something to that page its really boring. I notice a function rather then style in your page which works for me, such as signing up and registering. I like the rollOver effect on your links. Not much going on as far as your community but I'm sure that's what your working on...

5-10

Later
:arrow: SycomCOmp :idea:
  • phatgalaxy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • phatgalaxy

Post 3+ Months Ago

What would be a good suggestion.. How can i spice it up?
  • emitind.
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: england

Post 3+ Months Ago

i would change the side bar and the border slice to a different colour than the background. Too much light grey leaves it pretty dull. Idea is good, just a bit of design work and people will be interested.
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

dont use the photoshop bevel, it dont make it look good. Dont have a curl... keep the top area and the side area flat and straight... divide the content area and navigation area by using a simple line to make it look clean.

That would be a good start, after that i hope your creative skills will come in place...
  • enudiv
  • enudiv
  • Loc: san diego, california

Post 3+ Months Ago

i see what your trying to do with this but if you want to get more attention as "SycomCOmp" said you'll need to redesign it to catch the eyes of your target audience ... definetly stay away from the bevel effect as it's old and almost dull looking ... the color scheme you have isn't really inviting to me either ...

maybe you just need to sit back take a look at some websites you think are cool looking and re-think of how you want everything to flow ... i sometimes see myself having to do that when i'm consistantly on the computer ... imo, i think for these kind of communties, keeping it clean, simple yet not to boring will get the proper effect your looking for ... i don't see any good if you put too many graphics ... remember you have different types of people visiting and you don't want them to get lost when they visit your website ... hope i was of any help to you
  • jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow :shock: I'm back in 1995 again.
  • DownloadChest

Post 3+ Months Ago

For teen sites I always suggest...
color, color, color.
You need to give the site some edge.
Kids always are looking for something to excite them to be interested.
Plain is boring, and they move on QUICKLY.
I would definately add some color.

Pictures always help too, less reading more pics keeps kids happy.

Also try changing the font to something more stylish.
Not too stylish that they have trouble reading it, but give it some spice

Hope this helps !
  • LifesBattles.com
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • LifesBattles.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site design is kind of plain, and better fonts and use of color would attract more interest. Im not a big fan of popups myself ... now for some contructive critism.

I probably wouldnt even be tempted to sign up for your community, no offense, because it looks dull... i'd rather join a site that had more cheerful colors... a place that welcomes the user....

I hope that helps
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think that the layout needs changing .. colour is not necesary coz sometimes it doesnt look good..just work with one colour and use its different shades.. as in us eblue and its diff. shades..dun use too bright colours..change the side bar colour too ... moreover change the writing on the site.. althou tthe material ion site is good :D
  • phpservers
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • phpservers

Post 3+ Months Ago

a few constructive comments:
1) Colour scheme: the colour scheme does not reach your target audience, im unsure whether that colour is a very pale blue or grey - get stronger colours!

2) left navigation menu: make the cell heights smaller

3) advertising: get google adsense!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers