SITE REVIEW: Pheonix-Inc

• Lamia_Poi
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

this site was created as a piece of coursework for college hence why it is on freewebs, however i have acctually started the acctual band and am slowley but surely getting somewhere :). anyway i would really appreciate it if you wou review the site and make some suggestions towards it. (i'm aware the color scheme is dark but that was the point).

any feedback is much appreciated aslong as it's constructive critisism. :)

http://www.freewebs.com/Pheonix-inc
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Page not found.
  • Lamia_Poi
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

sorry, put a capital in there http://www.freewebs.com/pheonix-inc/
  • Lamia_Poi
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

please someone review my site :)
  • Cold Canuck
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Michigan, U.S. of eh

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've always been a fan of sites that have a level of 3D effect to them, but your button/logo text is quite hard to read...almost to the point of me looking down at the status bar to see what page the buttons loaded OnClick.

Also, the text in the frame needs to be a lighter color so as to stand out more...be more readable.

I'm a fan of most techie fonts, but only when used for a fair sized logo, not as small buttons.

Quote:
please scroll down to view the disclaimer
Um, why have someone scroll down to read a disclaimer when the disclaimer is almost the only thing on the frame page?
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ya. It looks like the same font you used on your Lamia Designs site. I'd suggest changing them both.

- Gita
  • Lamia_Poi
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks, i will change the buttons on this one to terminal font and probably lamia designs aswell to something like arial
  • emz
  • Born
  • Born
  • emz
  • Loc: Toronto

Post 3+ Months Ago

Clean design and vibrant colours I think this site has some good potential. Keep up the good work
  • Netmaster
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Saint Joseph, MO

Post 3+ Months Ago

text is hard to read.. maybe if you had the content box and the banner line up it would improve the look? lighten up the colors a little bit. overall decent site..

5/10
  • Lamia_Poi
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

ah well this is only a piece of coursework and the colors are supposed to be like that for the overall effect of the band, the merch is linked via a website called *peach*.com i'm an affiliate of theres. the nav admitedly is dissapointing but i really couldn't think of anything else design wise because i'm not proficient with Flash nor IFrames (working on those at the moment) however i quite like the design of it and i'm stilll working on the positioning of everything :) thanks for the feedback please keep it coming :)
  • NewEra
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • NewEra

Post 3+ Months Ago

pheonix & lamia are same design, layout and concept
but they are 2 different projects
anyway
as said before the button are totally unreadable
the header are aligned right, the content and the navigation are aligned left
the page is missing something
something to give it life
maybe if you work more on your header
  • Lamia_Poi
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have designed many layouts and headers for both site and the nav is staying the same on this one however it is changing on my other site, i did have a pic of how i wanted my Lamia Designs to look.
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

The first thing I notice is how mis-aligned the logo is from the main text. Clicking options on the menu I see that the main content actually juggles from left to right differently for every section. Might want to fix this.

I think home should be at the top of the menu. That's were logically most of your web traffic is going to look for it.

About section: 1917pm? What is this? 7:17 PM or 19:17 if you want to use 24 hour clock. And who really cares the exact minute your site was created?

Why do you link vampirefreaks.com?

Your bio could use some grammar.

Blog? It looks like a Guestbook to me. A Blog is something where you make entries about a specific topic.

Merchandise? Can I buy them? How?

Your tours section needs an introduction. Are these fake places your 'band' is touring?

Why does the bottom say Registered Trademark and Copyright? Did you legally register a trademark for your site? Shouldn't it go beside the name that is trademarked?
  • Lamia_Poi
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

firstly yes you can buy the merchandise by clicking it. secondly i had to include the time and date in for copyright reasons same goes for the registered trademark and copyright, this is a part of my course work therefore i was told i needed it therefore i put it in. no they aren't fake places but the tour itself is. the reason home is at the beginning is because the pages are in alphabetical order.

i wasn't asking you to be critical of its content just the design, the content is of no importance to you whatsoever why analyse it?

i link to vampirefreaks.com because it's an affiliate of my own site and i can link what i want where i want if it's my creation, and why not link to it anyway?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers