SITE REVIEW: Photography by Aaron Bradford

• Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all, just wondered what everybody thought of my website. At the moment I haven't added the gallery and the rest of the content, but I want you to comment on the design before I put it all together to save myself from having to dismantle it to change things.

I'm thinking of doing away with the perspective on the images up the top because I think it looks a bit weird...

Thanks again :D
  • HongKongPhooey
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks neat and clean, which I personally like.

As long as you can get the gallery to 'fit in' with the look, you should be OK, I think.

I see what you mean about the perspective on the header images - there's something "not quite right" there, but it's a good idea. Maybe just needs a little fettling.

Well done.
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Chris :)

Yeah, getting the gallery to fit in will be the hardest part. Does anyone know any good simple galleries that you can fully customize?
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah those images may look funny because of being too "skew" (lack of a better word) ... I'm very glad to see that you are infact w3c valid ... maybe you could make your links so that they don't redirect to the page that the user is on ... for example if I am on the "home" page, disable the "home" link and just make it another colour ... I assume you just want a review on the "home" page because that is the only one that is working for me at the moment?
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I haven't really got around to making the other pages at the moment. I will do something with the links, possibly make them another colour as you suggested or getting rid of the link to the page the user is on. I have re-done the header but I've yet to upload it. I'll probably do so on Sunday or early next week as I'm busy tomorrow.

Thanks for your commments
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Id rather think you should make it another colour than to just let it disappear completely ... Just my opinion
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

And your opinion makes sense to me, which is why I've decided to go with what you've said. I might make it a soft green colour or something like that.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes that's be brilliant, maybe even that type of green you've got in your header ... but you'll have to test what fits best ...
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, I've made some changes. I couldn't find that green picture on my comp (some serious re-organizing needed) so I put another one there until I do. I've made it so that the page you are on shows in green in the nav bar and I've tweaked the header font. I've also added some content.

Anything else need changing?
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey wow yes that looks much better ... good stuff ... Still some validation errors ... 5 of them ... http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... ner.com%2F
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ah damn... I despise that validation device thingy with a passion...
  • magz123
  • magz123

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice! I like the color scheme and how it goes together nicely. Maybe add a background?
  • sir.chunk

Post 3+ Months Ago

very nice website, sharp and clean.
You could do no harm in adding a photo of you on the about page. People like to put a face to the person
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not his face ...
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, i do have a photo of me in the images directory... I just haven't added it to the page though...

LAZINESS!
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Breeze wrote:
Yes, i do have a photo of me in the images directory... I just haven't added it to the page though...

Thank goodness, please keep it that way ... Hahaha! No joking, I think it's good for an artist to be seen by their public
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a public now!?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers