SITE REVIEW: Photography Website

• Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I thought I'd start 2008 with a fresh new design for my website, http://www.breezescorner.com

Now I know that all that's on there now is lorem ipsum, but I'm looking for comments on the design side of things ... and I'm also still searching for an easy and simple (and free) flash gallery that'll slide right into my design, if anyone knows of any ...

Thanks for looking :D

~ Aaron
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I like the banner as it goes with the text layout and colour of the banner Breeze. To be honest it is hard to comment more until the links get working....But great layout any way dude.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the way it looks - simple and effective. Just a little question on the coding side - I'm currently viewing in IE6 and there is something funny going on with the white border going around the whole content - top, left side and upper part of right side are fine (down to as far as the header photograph reaches, approx) but then the border disappears all the way until the bottom, where it resurfaces for about one cm.

also there are two parallel dotted lines above the words 'welcome to my gallery' which I'm assuming aren't meant to be there.......... (probably something to do with your 'top-break' div...)

and it's not exactly centered, (the home page is centered, the others aren't) but that's really not a big deal.
  • Hob Bramble
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Indiana, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks great to me (Firefox 2), and all the pages appear centred. The header image looks great, and the colours blend together very nicely.

The only thing I noticed the bothered me is that the link to the Home Page is broken on the Gallery and Links pages.

It looks good in Opera 9.24 as well, but I noticed the same problems as celandine does when I looked at it in IE 7.
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll see if I can get around those browser problems :D
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the fact that it's valid ... you knew I would love that though ... WooT!

I also love the simplicity of your "logo" thingy ... it looks amazing ...

It looks the same to me in FF and IE7 ... couldn't check in IE6 for you ... Okay but I like it very much, and once you sort out those broken links I think everything's great ...

//sorry I didn't give my input earlier, it's been a while since I've been in this forum ...
  • easton
  • easton

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the look, it flows well and looks great. Like others have said, its hard to judge more then the design because nothing else is there. But from what i see, keep up the good work.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks nice & clean in IE7, Firefox, and Safari on my end.

I'm always a fan of simplistic design and I think you pulled it off very well. The way you transition from your header to the body of your page looks really good. Also, I'm surprised R_T didn't comment on your disabling of the current page's link. That's always a nice touch.

Other than that, I don't have much more to add that everyone else hasn't already. Great job!
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah you're right, why didn't I do that? ... Well, it's a nice one breeze ... another 5 points for you ...
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

righteous_trespasser wrote:
I love the fact that it's valid ... you knew I would love that though ... WooT!

I also love the simplicity of your "logo" thingy ... it looks amazing ...

It looks the same to me in FF and IE7 ... couldn't check in IE6 for you ... Okay but I like it very much, and once you sort out those broken links I think everything's great ...

//sorry I didn't give my input earlier, it's been a while since I've been in this forum ...

There's no excuse. You've cut me deep ... never talking to you again ...
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh so that's why you just suddenly said "brb" on MSN ... So I guess you're never really coming right back then ... aw
  • acaglumac
  • acaglumac

Post 3+ Months Ago

The banner is nice, very cachy. I don't like the white line under your name. you should change it to some other color, maybe black.
  • keralare
  • keralare

Post 3+ Months Ago

The page is cute. And you need to put some more contents, since the first page may give an impression that the site has nothing inside
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks great Breeze!

Just a few things, remember to give all your other pages a doco type before you go live with the website.

Don't leave any spaces in web addresses (IE: http://www.breezescorner.com/%C3%AFndex.html%22)

That is all Sir :P
  • kbergmann
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like the design. Will give it a more indepth look through after work! ;) I have a slide show tool that is for flash MX 2004 you might like, will PM it to you. It is on another site I am not ready to unveil here yet, want a better handle on CSS than face lift it first :-D
  • calvi36
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • calvi36
  • Loc: Glasgow, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yup it's a cracker Breeze, I love the colours as they are attractive to the eyes.
  • kbergmann
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like this site ... very clean on both the front and back end. I give it two thumbs up, great colors, banner, links easy to find, I can not find anything I dislike about it, thus far.

I say good job and keep it coming. :)
  • breezy25
  • breezy25
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the banner, good look. But obviously the site isn't completed so it's hard to give a thorough review. But I do like the look and feel if that's al you wanted feedback on.
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks really good. The code looks extremely clean and so does the CSS. Great job. Can't wait to see the rest of the content!
  • joan
  • Born
  • Born
  • joan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have visited your site, i think, do you like dark and white ? i don't like dark and white but you color scheme is good. it is really good

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers