SITE REVIEW: PHP Programmer

• pitbull82
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Poland, Czestochowa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

I'd like to ask for a review of http://www.mnabialek.pl

The site is about my programming skills, mainly as PHP programmer and is available in Polish and English.

Feel free to comment everything you want (including english) ...

If posssible give me a mark 1-10 (1 - the worst, 10 - the best).

Thank you for all your opinions...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• nONEq
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • nONEq

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's a good portfolio site. I like the design, but in the header you may use a graphic crated by yourself instead of this photo. With that photo the site seems like a business company website.

And I liked your jobs too. Congratulations.
  • hazelf386
  • hazelf386

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is good, i like it clean.. very professional, nice color.. the image is well presented...
  • charleschao
  • Born
  • Born
  • charleschao

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like the website very much, the color is simple but enough. If your give more convenient links in your content, it will be more friendly.

so i mark 7
  • jamesallen3333
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: bedford UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like the site, clean lines and layout and the colours are right.

I tried to look at the source, is it disabled?
  • pitbull82
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

jamesallen3333 wrote:
I tried to look at the source, is it disabled?

No it isn't. You should be able to see it without any problems
  • asapcorp
  • Born
  • Born
  • asapcorp

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks nice. and the colors used also good. but it took more time to load.

Anyway everything else is ok
  • dyefade
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks great, an idea presentation of your portfolio.

I don't really like the main picture, but that's a subjective issue. I understand you aiming to make the site look business-like, but it has the effect of looking cheesy - especially to someone who, like me, has seen hundreds of similar sites in the past.

pitbull82, I hope you won't be offended, there are a couple of errors in your english on the translated version. I don't know what proportion of your audience is Polish/English speaking, but I'm sure you'd still like to have it correct. I don't really have time this minute, so unless someone beats me to it I'll come back later and do a quick proofread. (If that's ok with you.)

Ben.
  • dyefade
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Welcome on my web site

Welcome to my web site

Quote:
I have a few year experiace as a PHP programmer - for 2003 year I program web sites, using PHP and MySQL technologies. For a year I use also Smarty web templates which support web applications' programming and let you separate PHP code from site layout.

I have a few years experience as a PHP programmer - in the year 2003, I programmed websites, using the PHP and MySQL technologies. For a year I also used Smarty web templates which support web applications' programming and let you separate PHP code from site layout.

Quote:
I got interested in programming at the end of secondary school. It was a great pleausure of programming my own programs then.

I became interested in programming at the end of secondary school. It was a great pleasure, programming my own programs.

Quote:
I started looking for answers on computer science forum and after short time I was able to advise other users with problem connected to PHP, CSS, XHTML, HTML and JavaScript. I also was buing professional computer science books connected to designing and programming web pages.

I started looking for answers on computer science forums and after a short time I was able to advise other users with problems connected to PHP, CSS, XHTML, HTML and JavaScript. I also was buying professional computer science books connected to designing and programming web pages.

Quote:
All the projects were divided according to the year when they were creates.

All the projects were divided according to the year when they were created.

Quote:
For each project there were mentioned technologies used to develop it and short decription. Almost each applications have functional, coded for them administrative panels which simplify content management.

For each project I have mentioned the technologies used in development and a short description. Almost every application has functions, coded for their administration, which simplify content management.

And, on the contact for, I'm assuming Wyslij means "Submit" or "Send".

A lot of this is quite petty really, but still, I'm sure you'd prefer that these things were corrected. Your English is really very good, and it's great to have produced the site in two languages, will look very impressive to employers.

Anyway, I hope this is helpful, B.
  • grif0216
  • Born
  • Born
  • grif0216

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice clean design! Definately gets the job done. The only Thing that bothers me is the header image presentation doesn't really fit in with the drop shadow. Might be cleaner and fit in better square with a mask fading into the background somehow. Food for thought............
Over all good work..
  • Fergie
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice clean site. I agree about the pic. You should get a different header.
  • Pooran
  • Pooran

Post 3+ Months Ago

your site is good, but u need to post more article on the same. also put some tips and trick for others to work faster
  • Saul_PL
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

simple colors but this's advantage, friendly for reader, without uselless graphic, impressive skills in my point of view
  • Regimages
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Regimages

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice clean site
  • royce
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Floriduh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good looking site. Puts out a good image for an individual programmer that is getting his name out there.

My only suggestion would be to reduce the amount of 'personal' type information. It seems kind of myspacy! A business related site should have more on the projects done, use of technology, testimonials, links, etc and less personal information.
  • alexdovinat
  • alexdovinat

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not bad.
  • jfrasier
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good site, I would agree with royce
  • amtiger
  • amtiger

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like your site. Thank you
  • satya-prakash
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Bangalore

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you used some easy to remeber url for english then it could be good for me.
Here is some mistake, I think-
http://www.mnabialek.pl/experience,programmer.html

[problem connected to PHP, CSS, XHTML, HTML and JavaScript. I also was buing professional...].

In my opinion header should be small. At least on inner pages. It is taking lots of top space.

Overall site is good. Good Start for making a personal site.
  • stchatterbox
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: London, Tokyo, Macau

Post 3+ Months Ago

Look pretty neat and tidy.
score 7.5
  • wonshikee
  • wonshikee

Post 3+ Months Ago

The layout is clean as the others have stated, I give it an 9 for it. Clean and easy to read.

If you are looking to present your PHP skills, I would recommend putting some that exemplifies it, more advanced or unique scripts. As far as skill wise, I would prolly rate it around 5 for the difficulty of the site. The site could of been done in simple HTML + a little CSS far as I can tell.
  • pitbull82
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

wonshikee wrote:
As far as skill wise, I would prolly rate it around 5 for the difficulty of the site. The site could of been done in simple HTML + a little CSS far as I can tell.

Yes, it could have been done in html + css but it's done with php, mysql, smarty, xhtml and css and mod rewrite to provide better search results...

Thanks a lot for all reviews and I'm still waiting for more :)
  • crazzyDemon
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi
Very nice site =)

I only affraid that text on top
Code: [ Select ]
PHP and Smarty Programmer Freelancer Częstochowa, Poland - programming PHP Smarty MySQL CSS XHTML HTML JavaScript W3C WAI Web standards C++ Delphi. A few years experience as PHP programmer. Częstochowa, Poland.

the color of the text is quite similar to background color
as i know Google doesn't like sites with such text

But site is realy cool

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 23 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers