SITE REVIEW: picture research site

• atDesign
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • atDesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.xorrde.com/pick/index.php

We've created this site as a way to research which characteristics grab people's attention. Aside from participating by clicking a picture, we'd also like to get recommendations on how we can maximize the function and usability of this site.

The site currently has no name, and is in beta. Looking forward to your feedback...Any ideas on additional features?

We used a template for the main layout of the site...which meets our short-term needs.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the site, the background image bothers me though, I participated ... Not sure what it's for, but I did ... I'm not sure what you want me to review ... I'm not even sure why I chose a picture, it doesn't make sense to me ...
  • atDesign
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • atDesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your feedback. The background image bothers you because it's flower or it's distracting?

Things to review:

layout
content
usability
clearness of text
  • wild art
  • wild art
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK... background image distracts from the photos for me, instead of concentrating on the background I should be looking at the photos.

I think the first page I see should explaine what it is all about, then I should see the images, which I think should all fit on one page without scrolling, other wise it is not a fair test.

Hope that helps

Jason
  • twocent
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • twocent

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree about the background image...needs to be muted or faded a bit. Then the contrast of the images in the foreground should show up. I like the page indicators (being abstract instead of a regular colored box) and the over all color schemes.

Maybe add a logo or header...looks like its the second or third page on a site instead of the index page.

Maybe also explain some more about your project and what the results of selecting a picture will bring. What you're trying to research and ect...

Otherwise, its a nice, clean, sharp looking page.
  • phazedout
  • phazedout
  • Loc: Swansea, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree, the pictures look great, then the bakground turns up and spoils it all!
Also, you ask to click on the first face that catches your eye, but to see all the pics you have to scroll down, amybe to many pics for the page?

What's the next page all about? Two pictures were highlighted, but no explaination.
  • howtogetrich
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • howtogetrich

Post 3+ Months Ago

you have things in a frame, i hate iframes and frames, get rid of those,
also picture loading is weird, i use firefox,
also add some content to your site, ;)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers