SITE REVIEW: PINmyPlace.com

• Enclave
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

So then I will.

I still working on my site, a website are never finished, but it is open for all and it would be nice to get some feedback.

So what's going on:

- Place spots from every where
- Have you on profile
- Have you on gallery
- Upload photos to spots where you recognise
- Forums
- Games
- Rate other users photos
- PM
- and more...
- Your own created spots can have Google Adsense from you!

Thank your for the Feedback
Jérôme

http://www.pinmyplace.com
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have a good start and a good name. You need to work on communicating your idea to everyone a little more effectively.

My first suggestion would be to have a giant world map on the front of the site with everyone's location on it. This would be a great visual way to show everyone what you mean by 'pin my place'.

On that world map you can show the newest spots and have a mouseOver to see the pictures. Then, beside the map have the short introduction and a giant 'Sign Up Now' button. Right now I have to search on the page to figure out how to sign up - which is never a good thing.

You have a great idea but writing does not appear to be one of your strongpoints. So I have rephrased some of your titles for you. Use them if you want...

'get your place' => This doesn't add anything to the title but I don't know enough about your site to suggest a better slogan.

'Not a member? signUP' => Just 'Register' or 'Sign Up' will do.

'New cool People' => How about 'New Cool Pins'?

'more Pin`s' => 'More Pins'

'Advertisment' => 'Advertisement' or maybe 'Sponsor'

'What's Online' => Just 'Online' or 'Who's Online'.

'SignUp today it's free and get pinned.' => Hmmm I think 'get pinned' might have a slightly wrong connotation so try just 'Sign Up Free'.

--------

Can I have more than one pin? Many people, including myself, live at more than one location so it would be a good feature to add.
  • Enclave
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

So thank you very much for you feedback!

I reorganized now the hole welcome page, so I hope it is now better?!
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, it's improving.

I see you haven't changed 'New cool People'. It's a title so it should be in title case - meaning 'New Cool People'. To me, it just looks amateur to have titles that aren't in title case. Having them part way is even worse.

Also, 'Advertisement' is misspelled on your page as I suggested already. You misspelled it twice!

I'm curious why the 'P' in 'Sign UP' is capitalized.

'Show your spots on PINmyPlace'? Firstly, what is the point of this sentence? I already know I'm visiting PINmyPlace, and 'Show your spots' doesn't tell me what the site is about very well.

Quote:
1. a small, slender, often pointed piece of wood, metal, etc., used to fasten, support, or attach things.
2. a short, slender piece of wire with a point at one end and a head at the other, for fastening things together.
3. any of various forms of fasteners or ornaments consisting essentially or partly of a pointed or penetrating wire or shaft (often used in combination): a jeweled pin.
4. a badge having a pointed bar or pin attached, by which it is fastened to the clothing: a fraternity pin.
5. Machinery.
a. a short metal rod, as a linchpin, driven through holes in adjacent parts, as a hub and an axle, to keep the parts together.
b. a short cylindrical rod or tube, as a wrist pin or crankpin, joining two parts so as to permit them to move in one plane relative to each other.
c. a short axle, as one on which a pulley rotates in a block.
6. the part of a cylindrical key stem entering a lock.
7. a clothespin.
8. a hairpin.
9. rolling pin.
10. a peg, nail, or stud marking the center of a target.
11. Bowling. any one of the rounded wooden clubs set up as the target in tenpins, ninepins, duckpins, etc.
12. Golf. the flag staff which identifies a hole.
13. any of the projecting knobs or rails on a pinball machine that serve as targets for the ball.
14. Informal. a human leg.
15. Music. peg (def. 5).
16. Wrestling. a fall.
17. Nautical.
a. an axle for a sheave of a block.
b. belaying pin.
18. Carpentry. a tenon in a dovetail joint; dovetail.
19. a very small amount; a trifle: Such insincere advice isn't worth a pin.
20. Chess. the immobilization of an enemy piece by attacking with one's queen, rook, or bishop.
21. Electronics. a pin-shaped connection, as the terminals on the base of an electron tube or the connections on an integrated circuit.
–verb (used with object)
22. to fasten or attach with or as with a pin or pins: to pin two pieces of cloth together.
23. to hold fast in a spot or position (sometimes fol. by down): The debris pinned him down.
24. to transfix or mount with a pin or the like: to pin a flower as a botanical specimen.
25. Chess. to immobilize (an enemy piece) by placing one's queen, rook, or bishop in a position to check the exposed king or capture a valuable piece if the pinned piece were moved.
26. Wrestling. to secure a fall over one's opponent.
—Verb phrases
27. pin down,
a. to bind or hold to a course of action, a promise, etc.
b. to force (someone) to deal with a situation or to come to a decision: We tried to pin him down for a definite answer, but he was too evasive for us.
28. pin in, to fill (gaps in a rubble wall, etc.) with spalls.
29. pin up, to make (a piece of masonry) level or plumb with wedges.
—Idioms
30. get pinned,
a. (of a young woman) to receive a male student's fraternity pin as a symbol of his affection and fidelity, usually symbolizing that the couple is going steady or plans to become engaged.
b. (of a young couple) to become formally pledged to one another, though not yet engaged, by the bestowing of such a pin or the exchange of pins.
31. pin something on someone, Informal. to ascribe the blame or guilt for something to a person; show someone to be culpable: They pinned the crime on him.
32. pull the pin, Informal. to end a relationship, project, program, or the like, because of lack of continuing interest, success, funds, etc.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pin
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/spot
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/place

There are 32 different meanings and interpretations of the word 'pin', 42 different meanings and interpretations of the word 'spot', and 50 different meanings and interpretations or the word 'place'. Your challenge is to make sure that visitors instantly know which pin, place, and spot you are talking about.
  • Enclave
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright thank you again for you really good feedback! It is so useful...
  • ClairView Ventures
  • Born
  • Born
  • ClairView Ventures
  • Loc: Toronto

Post 3+ Months Ago

To be honest I really like the whole design. I thinked you locked it down pretty nicely. Not only does it look professional but it is also appealing to the eye which is very important.

In the frist two seconds I was on the site I was tempted to stay and find out more.

If I could make one suggestion it would be the following: I think that your new game section is really important to you site and your users. I would move back above the fold and move down your google ads. It should not affect your revenue at all. As people should want to find out more about your site they will scroll down to the bottom.

Good luck!
  • bex
  • Born
  • Born
  • bex
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

very professional looking site, I couldn't suggest anything for improvement really!
  • Enclave
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

ClairView Ventures wrote:
To be honest I really like the whole design. I thinked you locked it down pretty nicely. Not only does it look professional but it is also appealing to the eye which is very important.

In the frist two seconds I was on the site I was tempted to stay and find out more.

If I could make one suggestion it would be the following: I think that your new game section is really important to you site and your users. I would move back above the fold and move down your google ads. It should not affect your revenue at all. As people should want to find out more about your site they will scroll down to the bottom.

Good luck!

Thank you for that, I already changed! :)
Thank you all for feedback!

Post Spots! :)
  • priveshow
  • priveshow

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm you have nice ladies there, i like the site.
  • tjake
  • tjake
  • Loc: Stamford, CT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I really like the site. a fun place to chat and play. The pinning your location on the map is great although it tool a long time to load you may want to look at the google map api's new marker manager which keeps will render a subset of the markers depending on the zoom level.

One thing to watch out for, is to not throw in the kitchen sink when it comes to features, keep it simple and easy.

-Jake
  • Enclave
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for remember the marker manager! Will defenetly check this out!

One question:

One thing to watch out for, is to not throw in the kitchen sink when it comes to features, keep it simple and easy.

What that means? :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers